2007 Acura RDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RDX model:
My point of view of RDX
By diamondpearl on 10/20/06 16:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

It's been about 2 month since I purchased 07 RDX right after debut. I have really good image of honda also I had Acura RSX type S before and really liked it. That is why I decided to buy RDX. I am well satisfied with my purchase; however, I see the car is not well built. I happened to find many rattles from dashboards, passenger seat, and twitters. I hate that ticking sounds that dashboards makes. This year RDX missing few things, and I dont see how a car at this pricepoint does not have these as standards: passenger power seat, memory seat for driver seat, auto-dim back and side mirrors.

Fun to Drive
By Zel on 10/19/06 09:33 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

A great SUV. My first Acura and SUV. My family had a long h/o driving Mazdas but the CX-7 or Murano were no match. The interior is just right and the body design turns heads. I purchased 18" Inspyre RonJon rims and they look great. A definite recommendation to make it a bit sportier helped a bit. As a single male in his 30s I am the demo they were going for and they succeeded!!

Fun car with lots of extra
By gomboy60 on 10/12/06 08:19 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Just got it the other day and I am very happy with the car. There are some complaints about the mpg but if one does not step on the accelerator all the time, (as any other car) the number should be very good. The ride is a bit bouncy at times but handling is superb. There is so much kick in the engine you won't even know it is I4. If you are not sure exactly what you want but in the market, take a test drive and you will be sold, esp with tech package. It provides everything and more at 12-14K less than that European "thing". Ext looks appears to be small but once inside, there is plenty of room. Happy motoring...

Good but needs improvement
By idr on 10/11/06 10:22 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Before buying, I really suggest taking the local roads rather than just hopping onto the closest freeway with no radio on. I was very annoyed with a shaking/vibrating steering wheel every time I waited in front of the red light. During acceleration, I found the turbo to be rather loud. The gas mileage could also be improved. On the other hand, great visibility and comfortable seats in both front and back. Excellent design as well. The ride is also very comfortable when compared to a sport X3.

Acura RDX
By Falloonrd1 on 10/09/06 16:41 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I am very impressed with this vehicle. I had an 04 TSX and wanted something a little bigger. The interior controls are well placed and easy to use. The Nav is a lot better. You can feel and hear the nice turbo engine. I haven't had it long enough to comment on fuel ecomomy.

RDX exceeding expectations so far
By patentcad on 10/09/06 05:13 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

It's impossible to convey the RDX's overall excellence in a brochure or 10 min test drive. After a week I'm THRILLED. More like an AWD TL station wagon. An SUV that out performs many sports sedans and handles like a Porsche 944. Superb passenger comfort. You sacrifice a little in the cargo area dept., but the car is perfectly adequate for our needs. We installed Thule cross bars and attachments to the factory roof rack. Fuel economy? I'm getting 17-18 city, 22-23 hwy and about 20 mpg combined. That will improve once the engine breaks in. On the gas guzzler issue - compare the RDX to real world mpg from other AWD wagons/small SUVs and you'll find it's better than most of them.

24 MPG on the HWY
By Bryan on 10/08/06 20:42 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I have made 2 round trip between Baton Rouge and New Orleans driving on Interstate 10. The trip computer said that I was getting 24.1 MPG @ 65 MPH. I didn't notice any turbo lag when I punched it while driving around town. Steering pulls to the right somewhat. Don't know if it is an alignment problem or not.

Fueled with fun
By susan on 10/08/06 16:47 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Fun car to drive traded in a 2002 TL was sort of nervous to get an SUV but have no regrets. Quick, corners nicely, fuel economy could be better but then if I wanted fuel economy I should have bought a hybrid.

Putrid gas mileage
By stevieharris on 10/08/06 04:59 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Neat car, but stupendously bad gas mileage. We got 11MPG on the first tank, 13MPG on the second tank and have not hit more than 13MPG since. This is computing MPG the old fashioned way. Our local dealer (PA) has more than 20 of these on the lot unsold, they said that they "had deposits" on them, but they don't. I see why now. Like the car, but this gas mileage is just really, really, really bad.

Surprising disappointment from Acura
By Acuralover on 10/07/06 23:43 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I've owned 5 Honda and Acura products before, and this is a HUGE disappointment!! The 4-banger feels sluggish from a standstill (although it's reasonably quick after the initial lag). The engine is very noisy during acceleration, with a lot of turbo whine (even under some cruising conditions) which "wears down on you" after a while. And I was SHOCKED by the horrendous fuel economy. At 16 mpg overall (mix of hwy/city), it's exactly the same as my other vehicle: V8 powered Lexus GX470! Isn't this supposed to be a 4 CYLINDER, SMALL SUV? Helllooo!!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.