Used 2007 Acura RDX SUV Consumer Reviews - 175 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Acura RDX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RDX model:

WOW!!!
By Luis

2007 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I traded in my 2004 Nissan Murano SE. I test drove the RDX with the tech package and fell in love. This SUV handles better than most sports cars. The SH-AWD is great especially in inclement weather. Gas mileage in ok but I have a lead foot.

Bluetooth, voice recognization, navigation system, turbo, SH-AWD, AUX input for my iPod, DVD-Audio.

Power passenger seating, driver memory seating, keyless entry.

My RDX
By cnmec

2007 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

The turbo is peppy, but takes a second to kick in. The road noise is a bit more than I would like and it is a stiff ride, which some people don't like.

The storage! We also test drove a Honda CR-V before we bought (they are on the same platform) and there is much more storage in the RDX. The front middle console is huge and can hold a woman's large purse.

Lower the amount of road noise. Possibly a 6-cylinder??

Great ride
By Lainey

2007 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I've been looking for a car that had everything I wanted in a size I wanted. The technology package has everything I was looking for. There are a few things missing, but they weren't deal breakers. The navigation is easy to use and the bluetooth is superb. The seats are comfortable and the a/c blows cold (important in the desert). This car has good pick-up and has a great ride.

Technology package.

None.

After 18,000 miles and 10 months
By rdx

2007 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Throughout 18,000 miles of 60% city and 40% highway driving, gas mileage is 17.9 miles/gallon. Did not have any major problem other then air vent warranty fix. However, I have minor rattle and ticking noise problem. Oil change $70 x 2. Rear differential fluid $100 at 15,000 miles service. Not a comfortable ride if one is seeking an ordinary SUV ride. Some improvements on coming year (08 model) would make this car better and outstanding.

At this pricepoint, the car needs to have following as standard: power passenger seat, memory seat, auto-dimming mirror.

A definite disappointment!!
By Alex M.

2007 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I traded an '03 MDX for this vehicle because I'm single, have no need for a large SUV, and have been very happy with Acura (my 4th Honda product). This vehicle has been a big letdown compared to my MDX. The nimbleness, size and manueverabilty (and handling) are excellent, and what I was looking for, but the 4 cylinder turbo engine is terrible and is really beginning to wear down on me. There is a good amount of turbo lag making it feel sluggish from a start, and the the engine is noisy even when accelerating moderately!! The fuel economy is simply horrendous for a small 4-banger SUV (same as my 7-passenger MDX with a 3.5L V6!!). I will likely end up trading it for something with a decent V6.

Fantastic nav system, fabulous ELS sound system, comfortable seats, great styling, perfect exterior dimensions, great handling (SH-AWD).

Get rid of the horrendous unrefined turbo 4-banger that neither gives good gas mileage nor "refined performance" and replace with a nice, smooth and refined V6 with linear power delivery!! Ironically a V6 might even give better gas mileage since it wouldn't be working so hard in this 4000lb SUV!