Used 2007 Acura RDX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Acura Rdx - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RDX model:

Hard to Beat an Acura
By Acura Lover

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

This is my third Acura. I traded a BMW X3si for this RDX. I had the BMW only 5 months. Before that, I had an Acura TL. Always wanted a BMW until I actually owned one. Proved to myself I am an Acura fan for life. This is my first 4-cyl car. Turbo makes it feel like a V6. Comfortable ride, quality interior expected from an Acura. Tech pkg is nice, but could be much improved. Feel like I went downhill from the 03 TL to the 07 RDX on that end. This RDX really makes me feel as though my TL got a face and body lift. Don't miss the BMW one bit except for the Bluetooth. I hate pressing the talk button for each and every command; even my 03 Yukon doesn't require that.

Favorite Features

Comfort of ride; quality buttons; blue lights on dash; high dash readout near windshield; back seat fold; stereo sound is fabulous; good 360 degree viewing; backup camera; exterior looks.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage in BMW was much better! Improve MPG! Make the steering wheel "fatter"; cup holder cover should flip toward passenger side; turbo is noisy; power passenger seat! Window remote roll down like Hondas! Hate the voice command Bluetooth; it should automatically link and not require voice!

Do your research
By My 3rd "Honda"

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I bought a certified 2007 last month with 33k miles on it after lots of research. This is a great car. Gets 20mpg city/hwy which is just what I hoped for with a 3900lb turbo vehicle. It handles like a dream. It hugs curves like no other. The ride is bumpy, but not as bad as other SUV/ CUVs I've been in. This car is FAST! I'm not a lead foot, but I punched it a couple times and I was gone! The seats are comfortable and supportive. There's lots of leg room in the back. The cargo area with seats up or seats down is more than adequate for this class and size of vehicle. This is a great vehicle for a family of 3. It nice after driving an Accord for 15 years not to see myself coming and going.

Favorite Features

Love the big comfy leather seats. The handling and acceleration are superb. Love the tilt down passenger mirror when in reverse. The base model stereo is fantastic. The interior passenger and cargo room. The exterior look. The HID headlamps are the brightest ever.

Suggested Improvements

Needed power passenger seat (Std in '09). Gas mileage could always better, but then it probably wouldn't be a turbo . 6 speed tranny. Find a way to use regular gas. Back up camera should be standard.

Worst car ever purchased
By Terrible car

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

In the first 3 months this brand new car was in the shop for electronic malfunctions, sunroof malfunction, rear hatch cracked, turbo replaced, warning light indicator malfunction, "flooding issues" and engine noise. This has been our worst experience with a car purchase, Acura service was terrible along with Acura Canada's response. I would NOT recommend this car, it is noisy, rough and unreliable.

Well balanced and fun to drive!
By jjc

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

We just got this car used several weeks ago and are thrilled with it! It is very fun to drive and has a nice kick. The car is a great balance of size, speed, practicality, and fun. Plus, it looks sharp and is fast! Both my wife and I love it.

Favorite Features

Turbo. SH-AWD

Suggested Improvements

Look of rear gate/lights area. Fuel economy (e.g. 6 speed trans would help).

I REALLY Know This Car
By RDX LOVER

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I'm a sales rep and drive approximately 40,000-45,000 miles a year for work. I've owned the RDX for a little more than two years and have 94,000 miles on it. I LOVE THIS CAR! The quality is excellent, the power & handling is excellent. The features of the tech pkg are great and reliable. I get compliments about this car all the time because of its styling and luxury. As long as you don't stand on the throttle and use up the turbo all the time, you get respectable gas mileage. I usually get 20-21 mpg in mixed driving conditions. When I'm aggressive I get 18-19 mpg. Due to a sporty suspension some may not like to feel every bump. You get a lot for the money. Compare the features to others.

Favorite Features

Blue Tooth Technology Backup camera with right side mirror that tilts, which makes this car easy to park. The controls are at your fingertips. Great power. It has a lot of room for a little SUV.

Suggested Improvements

Auto Headlights Keyless Entry with push button start ignition. Maybe soften the ride just a little but not too much at the expense of the handling. Optional Power Liftgate. Power passenger seat with memory Add V6 option like the TSX More AC vents for rear passengers Auxiliary ports for rear passengers.