Used 2007 Acura RDX Base SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Acura RDX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RDX model:

Do your research
By My 3rd "Honda"

2007 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I bought a certified 2007 last month with 33k miles on it after lots of research. This is a great car. Gets 20mpg city/hwy which is just what I hoped for with a 3900lb turbo vehicle. It handles like a dream. It hugs curves like no other. The ride is bumpy, but not as bad as other SUV/ CUVs I've been in. This car is FAST! I'm not a lead foot, but I punched it a couple times and I was gone! The seats are comfortable and supportive. There's lots of leg room in the back. The cargo area with seats up or seats down is more than adequate for this class and size of vehicle. This is a great vehicle for a family of 3. It nice after driving an Accord for 15 years not to see myself coming and going.

Love the big comfy leather seats. The handling and acceleration are superb. Love the tilt down passenger mirror when in reverse. The base model stereo is fantastic. The interior passenger and cargo room. The exterior look. The HID headlamps are the brightest ever.

Needed power passenger seat (Std in '09). Gas mileage could always better, but then it probably wouldn't be a turbo . 6 speed tranny. Find a way to use regular gas. Back up camera should be standard.

Worst car ever purchased
By Terrible car

2007 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

In the first 3 months this brand new car was in the shop for electronic malfunctions, sunroof malfunction, rear hatch cracked, turbo replaced, warning light indicator malfunction, "flooding issues" and engine noise. This has been our worst experience with a car purchase, Acura service was terrible along with Acura Canada's response. I would NOT recommend this car, it is noisy, rough and unreliable.

Well balanced and fun to drive!
By jjc

2007 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

We just got this car used several weeks ago and are thrilled with it! It is very fun to drive and has a nice kick. The car is a great balance of size, speed, practicality, and fun. Plus, it looks sharp and is fast! Both my wife and I love it.

Turbo. SH-AWD

Look of rear gate/lights area. Fuel economy (e.g. 6 speed trans would help).

Excellent peformance crossover
By Chapel Hill

2007 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

We purchased an '07 RDX brand new when they first came out (we purchased in Aug '06). We are in the process of selling it, not because we want to, but because our family has simply outgrown it. We put 40k miles on it in almost 3 years of ownership and have thoroughly enjoyed the RDX. We've used it around town & on family trips. Extremely reliable. Quiet ride. Incredibly comfortable interior w/ awesome styling. Multiple compartments for storage, & many tech features. Front & back seats are quite roomy & backseat easily folds down flat (2/3 / 1/3) to expand cargo space. The AWD RDX drives better than most performance cars - handling is incredible & it is a fun, solid drive/ride.

*turbo charge engine; all-wheel drive, performance tires/suspension *interior styling, displays *xenon lights, sound system, sunroof *flexible space w/ rear cargo area and 2 fold flat seats *reliability (have had 0 repair issues in 3 years)

*fuel economy is not as good as similar sized crossovers, perhaps b/c of the turbo engine

Want a sport sedan needed an suv
By Turbo Fan

2007 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I chose the RDX because I wanted sport sedan like handling and power but the utility of an SUV. Gas mileage is not as bad as some say. If I ease into the throttle, I can get about 25mpg highway with some city driving. Ride is firm, but you get lots of grip. Sport mode tranny is neat but not necessary. This is my first turbo engine and overall I like the power surge; surprising that a 2.3L can feel this strong in a 3,900lb vehicle. Turbo lag is not bad; spools up faster than the 2008 CX7 and 2009 Subaru Forester I drove. RDX felt more powerful than CX7 despite having less advertised hp and one fewer gear. Glad I spent the extra money and chose the RDX over the CX7.

comfortable seats, torque, handling of the sh-awd

Brakes are not up to par, some fading towards the end of the stop. CX7 has better brakes. Bore out the motor to 2.5L and increase the boost to 15psi.