Used 2007 Acura RDX SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Acura RDX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RDX model:

i would buy it all over again
By george

2007 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

the first thing i have to say is "quick". there is a slight turbo lag but when it kicks in...youre gone. and if you use the paddle shifters, forget about it. with the 4WD even on wet surface you get great acceleration. the ride is very comfortable and you feel you're on top of the world sitting in the back seats. i have 2 gripes with the car. premium gas for the turbocharger and the rear windows don't go all the way down.

Hard to Beat an Acura
By Acura Lover

2007 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

This is my third Acura. I traded a BMW X3si for this RDX. I had the BMW only 5 months. Before that, I had an Acura TL. Always wanted a BMW until I actually owned one. Proved to myself I am an Acura fan for life. This is my first 4-cyl car. Turbo makes it feel like a V6. Comfortable ride, quality interior expected from an Acura. Tech pkg is nice, but could be much improved. Feel like I went downhill from the 03 TL to the 07 RDX on that end. This RDX really makes me feel as though my TL got a face and body lift. Don't miss the BMW one bit except for the Bluetooth. I hate pressing the talk button for each and every command; even my 03 Yukon doesn't require that.

Comfort of ride; quality buttons; blue lights on dash; high dash readout near windshield; back seat fold; stereo sound is fabulous; good 360 degree viewing; backup camera; exterior looks.

Gas mileage in BMW was much better! Improve MPG! Make the steering wheel "fatter"; cup holder cover should flip toward passenger side; turbo is noisy; power passenger seat! Window remote roll down like Hondas! Hate the voice command Bluetooth; it should automatically link and not require voice!

Do your research
By My 3rd "Honda"

2007 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I bought a certified 2007 last month with 33k miles on it after lots of research. This is a great car. Gets 20mpg city/hwy which is just what I hoped for with a 3900lb turbo vehicle. It handles like a dream. It hugs curves like no other. The ride is bumpy, but not as bad as other SUV/ CUVs I've been in. This car is FAST! I'm not a lead foot, but I punched it a couple times and I was gone! The seats are comfortable and supportive. There's lots of leg room in the back. The cargo area with seats up or seats down is more than adequate for this class and size of vehicle. This is a great vehicle for a family of 3. It nice after driving an Accord for 15 years not to see myself coming and going.

Love the big comfy leather seats. The handling and acceleration are superb. Love the tilt down passenger mirror when in reverse. The base model stereo is fantastic. The interior passenger and cargo room. The exterior look. The HID headlamps are the brightest ever.

Needed power passenger seat (Std in '09). Gas mileage could always better, but then it probably wouldn't be a turbo . 6 speed tranny. Find a way to use regular gas. Back up camera should be standard.

Worst car ever purchased
By Terrible car

2007 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

In the first 3 months this brand new car was in the shop for electronic malfunctions, sunroof malfunction, rear hatch cracked, turbo replaced, warning light indicator malfunction, "flooding issues" and engine noise. This has been our worst experience with a car purchase, Acura service was terrible along with Acura Canada's response. I would NOT recommend this car, it is noisy, rough and unreliable.

Well balanced and fun to drive!
By jjc

2007 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

We just got this car used several weeks ago and are thrilled with it! It is very fun to drive and has a nice kick. The car is a great balance of size, speed, practicality, and fun. Plus, it looks sharp and is fast! Both my wife and I love it.

Turbo. SH-AWD

Look of rear gate/lights area. Fuel economy (e.g. 6 speed trans would help).