2007 Acura RDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RDX model:
Do your research
By My 3rd "Honda" on 09/08/10 19:29 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I bought a certified 2007 last month with 33k miles on it after lots of research. This is a great car. Gets 20mpg city/hwy which is just what I hoped for with a 3900lb turbo vehicle. It handles like a dream. It hugs curves like no other. The ride is bumpy, but not as bad as other SUV/ CUVs I've been in. This car is FAST! I'm not a lead foot, but I punched it a couple times and I was gone! The seats are comfortable and supportive. There's lots of leg room in the back. The cargo area with seats up or seats down is more than adequate for this class and size of vehicle. This is a great vehicle for a family of 3. It nice after driving an Accord for 15 years not to see myself coming and going.

Worst car ever purchased
By Terrible car on 08/05/10 09:31 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

In the first 3 months this brand new car was in the shop for electronic malfunctions, sunroof malfunction, rear hatch cracked, turbo replaced, warning light indicator malfunction, "flooding issues" and engine noise. This has been our worst experience with a car purchase, Acura service was terrible along with Acura Canada's response. I would NOT recommend this car, it is noisy, rough and unreliable.

Well balanced and fun to drive!
By jjc on 07/14/10 20:24 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

We just got this car used several weeks ago and are thrilled with it! It is very fun to drive and has a nice kick. The car is a great balance of size, speed, practicality, and fun. Plus, it looks sharp and is fast! Both my wife and I love it.

Excellent peformance crossover
By Chapel Hill on 05/21/09 20:18 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

We purchased an '07 RDX brand new when they first came out (we purchased in Aug '06). We are in the process of selling it, not because we want to, but because our family has simply outgrown it. We put 40k miles on it in almost 3 years of ownership and have thoroughly enjoyed the RDX. We've used it around town & on family trips. Extremely reliable. Quiet ride. Incredibly comfortable interior w/ awesome styling. Multiple compartments for storage, & many tech features. Front & back seats are quite roomy & backseat easily folds down flat (2/3 / 1/3) to expand cargo space. The AWD RDX drives better than most performance cars - handling is incredible & it is a fun, solid drive/ride.

Want a sport sedan needed an suv
By Turbo Fan on 05/07/09 17:28 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I chose the RDX because I wanted sport sedan like handling and power but the utility of an SUV. Gas mileage is not as bad as some say. If I ease into the throttle, I can get about 25mpg highway with some city driving. Ride is firm, but you get lots of grip. Sport mode tranny is neat but not necessary. This is my first turbo engine and overall I like the power surge; surprising that a 2.3L can feel this strong in a 3,900lb vehicle. Turbo lag is not bad; spools up faster than the 2008 CX7 and 2009 Subaru Forester I drove. RDX felt more powerful than CX7 despite having less advertised hp and one fewer gear. Glad I spent the extra money and chose the RDX over the CX7.

Floor Mat
By Mark on 02/21/09 20:17 PM (PST)

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

This is my first and last Acura. At 5K the driver's floor mat was worn through. After some argument, the dealer agreed to replace it under warranty. The replacement lasted about the same. While the overall interior quality appears acceptable, the carpeting and floor mats are very cheap. Mileage is fair, but you must use premium fuel. For the money, the vehicle is not worth the price.

Good car, poor storage space and MPG
By dpo on 04/23/08 11:37 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

The RDX performs well and is clearly well made. It drives like a sedan. It is a very good car for a single person, but storage space for families on trips is relatively poor, especially given only 20 mpg. Bringing a stroller severely limits baggage space. The reality is that if you are going to get poor gas mileage, you might as well buy a larger SUV. My 4-Runner gets about 20 to 22 mpg and has far more space. Seats are very comfortable as long as the ride is on a smooth road. Bumps are unpleasant for back seat passengers. Steering is tight and car handles nicely.

Road Warriors Dream
By PaulT on 03/20/08 13:39 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Test drove Mercedes, Lexus, BMW, Range Rover and found the RDX beat them all. Performance, quality and driveability all exceeded my demands. Gas mileage has been an avg of 20 mpg. I spend 3-5 hours a days behind the wheel and this is an awesome ride. Just love it.

Look elsewhere
By Chuck W. on 02/16/08 21:39 PM (PST)

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Acura is a luxury brand, but this is not a worthy model. It's quick and sporty with a stiff ride. But gas mileage was terrible and we had to replace the front brakes and rotors every 5000 miles. We never felt like it did anything well. If you drove it as a sports SUV with paddle shifters, you paid at the pump and in maintenance. Also, missing some key features at this price including automatic headlights, driver memory settings and iPod interface.

Not for the daily commuter
By JimTex on 11/18/07 20:23 PM (PST)

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

We bought this car knowing that fuel mileage was not its strong point, but have averaged about 19 mpg (mostly city). My wife loves this vehicle because it is incredibly responsive and handles as well as the BMW we traded in. The seating position is nice and high, but without the huge vehicle to go along with it.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.