2007 Acura RDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RDX model:
Hard to Beat an Acura
By Acura Lover on 10/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

This is my third Acura. I traded a BMW X3si for this RDX. I had the BMW only 5 months. Before that, I had an Acura TL. Always wanted a BMW until I actually owned one. Proved to myself I am an Acura fan for life. This is my first 4-cyl car. Turbo makes it feel like a V6. Comfortable ride, quality interior expected from an Acura. Tech pkg is nice, but could be much improved. Feel like I went downhill from the 03 TL to the 07 RDX on that end. This RDX really makes me feel as though my TL got a face and body lift. Don't miss the BMW one bit except for the Bluetooth. I hate pressing the talk button for each and every command; even my 03 Yukon doesn't require that.

Do your research
By My 3rd "Honda" on 09/08/10 19:29 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I bought a certified 2007 last month with 33k miles on it after lots of research. This is a great car. Gets 20mpg city/hwy which is just what I hoped for with a 3900lb turbo vehicle. It handles like a dream. It hugs curves like no other. The ride is bumpy, but not as bad as other SUV/ CUVs I've been in. This car is FAST! I'm not a lead foot, but I punched it a couple times and I was gone! The seats are comfortable and supportive. There's lots of leg room in the back. The cargo area with seats up or seats down is more than adequate for this class and size of vehicle. This is a great vehicle for a family of 3. It nice after driving an Accord for 15 years not to see myself coming and going.

Worst car ever purchased
By Terrible car on 08/05/10 09:31 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

In the first 3 months this brand new car was in the shop for electronic malfunctions, sunroof malfunction, rear hatch cracked, turbo replaced, warning light indicator malfunction, "flooding issues" and engine noise. This has been our worst experience with a car purchase, Acura service was terrible along with Acura Canada's response. I would NOT recommend this car, it is noisy, rough and unreliable.

Well balanced and fun to drive!
By jjc on 07/14/10 20:24 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

We just got this car used several weeks ago and are thrilled with it! It is very fun to drive and has a nice kick. The car is a great balance of size, speed, practicality, and fun. Plus, it looks sharp and is fast! Both my wife and I love it.

I REALLY Know This Car
By RDX LOVER on 08/28/09 19:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I'm a sales rep and drive approximately 40,000-45,000 miles a year for work. I've owned the RDX for a little more than two years and have 94,000 miles on it. I LOVE THIS CAR! The quality is excellent, the power & handling is excellent. The features of the tech pkg are great and reliable. I get compliments about this car all the time because of its styling and luxury. As long as you don't stand on the throttle and use up the turbo all the time, you get respectable gas mileage. I usually get 20-21 mpg in mixed driving conditions. When I'm aggressive I get 18-19 mpg. Due to a sporty suspension some may not like to feel every bump. You get a lot for the money. Compare the features to others.

The Family Sportscar!
By Critical on 07/27/09 21:28 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Absolutely great car. Tech package is easy to use. Here's the bad things... interior plastic scratches easy, 19 to 20 mpg avg., 92 octane gas. That being said this is the best car I've ever owned. I'm a "car nut" and backyard mechanic, this car is extremely easy to maintain. I'll drive this car till it dies!

Love my RDX
By rcizme on 05/25/09 13:01 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Although some call it an SUV it's not. I don't drive it off road and don't plan to but on snow covered mountain roads it out handles my 4x4 Explorer in every way. The SH-AWD is one of the best I've ever driven. On performance, I didn't buy it as a race car but I drive over a mountain pass to work every day and this car doesn't work very hard climbing the grade AND with just over 50K miles, I'm averaging 24 MPG. I'm confused as to why so many complain about poor fuel economy. I'm guessing that mileage figures vary with driving habits? It's not a race car... don't drive it like one.

Excellent peformance crossover
By Chapel Hill on 05/21/09 20:18 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

We purchased an '07 RDX brand new when they first came out (we purchased in Aug '06). We are in the process of selling it, not because we want to, but because our family has simply outgrown it. We put 40k miles on it in almost 3 years of ownership and have thoroughly enjoyed the RDX. We've used it around town & on family trips. Extremely reliable. Quiet ride. Incredibly comfortable interior w/ awesome styling. Multiple compartments for storage, & many tech features. Front & back seats are quite roomy & backseat easily folds down flat (2/3 / 1/3) to expand cargo space. The AWD RDX drives better than most performance cars - handling is incredible & it is a fun, solid drive/ride.

Best CUV out there for the Money
By ever_green on 05/08/09 19:24 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

This car is great. Oops I mean SUV. Well same thing real for this "CUV". Sometimes you forget it's an SUV with its excellent acceleration and sport suspension. You feel the road unlike any other SUV out there. It feels more like my friend's BMW 3s. Apart from performance Acura offers excellent interior design with everything you need, really. Comfortable heated leather seats, Dual zone AC & so on...The super handling AWD also helps on snow and offroad. even though this car is not designed for offroading I still do it and it feels just as good as my highlander on dirt and light muddy roads. Only thing I'm unhappy about is the MPG in hwy. I get 21MPG.

Want a sport sedan needed an suv
By Turbo Fan on 05/07/09 17:28 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I chose the RDX because I wanted sport sedan like handling and power but the utility of an SUV. Gas mileage is not as bad as some say. If I ease into the throttle, I can get about 25mpg highway with some city driving. Ride is firm, but you get lots of grip. Sport mode tranny is neat but not necessary. This is my first turbo engine and overall I like the power surge; surprising that a 2.3L can feel this strong in a 3,900lb vehicle. Turbo lag is not bad; spools up faster than the 2008 CX7 and 2009 Subaru Forester I drove. RDX felt more powerful than CX7 despite having less advertised hp and one fewer gear. Glad I spent the extra money and chose the RDX over the CX7.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.