Used 2007 Acura RDX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Acura RDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RDX model:

Love my RDX
By Harriet Parker

Japanese quality, German performance
By Glen

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

The 2007 model drives and handles like a 5 series BMW. The seats hold you securely on spirited curves. Later models were softened up and "family car" dumbed down. If you want fun, get a 2007. If you want a polite quality family car, get a later model.

225K and going strong
By K Smith

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I've had no maintenance or repair problems with my RDX. All maintenance at Acura dealership. No repairs beyond scheduled service. Drive 25K/yr in Northern and Central Valley California. Most miles on I-5 at 70 mph. Also into Sierra foothills in light snow. Acceleration is great entering highway and passing on 2 lane roads. Only negative comments - suspension is very tight. Wonderful for cornering but bothersome on poor roadways at highway speed. I still prefer it to my wife's 2007 MDX. Premium fuel required but knew this when I bought it. Interior is great except center console armrest is thin vinyl that began to wear and tear after 4 years. Mentioned to dealer and they acknowledged that other owners had same complaint. Overall great car, hoping to get 50K more on it waiting for Tesla Model 3.

after 5+ yrs, i would still buy it all over again
By george

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

the first thing i have to say is "quick". there is a slight turbo lag but when it kicks in...you're gone. and if you use the paddle shifters, forget about it. with the 4WD, even on wet surfaces, you get great acceleration. the ride is very comfortable and the back seats are higher than the front so you don't get that claustrophobic effect. it's no wonder that acura doesn't make the tiny 2.3L 4cyl turbo SH-AWD anymore...probably couldn't sell their MDXs. i have 2 gripes with the car. premium gas for the turbocharger and the rear windows don't go all the way down.

Hard to Beat an Acura
By Acura Lover

2007 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

This is my third Acura. I traded a BMW X3si for this RDX. I had the BMW only 5 months. Before that, I had an Acura TL. Always wanted a BMW until I actually owned one. Proved to myself I am an Acura fan for life. This is my first 4-cyl car. Turbo makes it feel like a V6. Comfortable ride, quality interior expected from an Acura. Tech pkg is nice, but could be much improved. Feel like I went downhill from the 03 TL to the 07 RDX on that end. This RDX really makes me feel as though my TL got a face and body lift. Don't miss the BMW one bit except for the Bluetooth. I hate pressing the talk button for each and every command; even my 03 Yukon doesn't require that.

Comfort of ride; quality buttons; blue lights on dash; high dash readout near windshield; back seat fold; stereo sound is fabulous; good 360 degree viewing; backup camera; exterior looks.

Gas mileage in BMW was much better! Improve MPG! Make the steering wheel "fatter"; cup holder cover should flip toward passenger side; turbo is noisy; power passenger seat! Window remote roll down like Hondas! Hate the voice command Bluetooth; it should automatically link and not require voice!

• SUV