Used 2004 Acura NSX Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Acura Nsx - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific NSX model:

Nothing like it.
By six7777

2004 Acura NSX Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

To have this car in my garage, and drive it whenever I want, is a dream come true. This is my 2nd NSX, my first one was a white 1993. The 2004 is amazing. I have the yellow/yellow. The paint on this car is flawless. Just an amazing car in so many ways. Love the fact that not many people "get" what this car is all about. It's not about power, it;s about balance. You have to own one to understand. I have owned many cars, but nothing compares to the NSX, and I will have it for years to come.

Favorite Features

Where to start, everything. The most comfortable, easy to drive, easy to maintain supercar EVER.

Suggested Improvements

Some people might say more power, but this car has just the right amount. I love it, just the way it is.

WOW
By matthew

2004 Acura NSX Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

What can I say? This is the exotic all cars that have come after it have had to set as a benchmark in terms of reliability and performance, and many cars costing twice as much still fail to meet the goal 15 years after the car was introduced.

Favorite Features

Looks, exclusivity, confidence I can get it in tonight and drive across the country without worry I will make it.

Suggested Improvements

The original styling (1991-2001) was a somewhat better looking car overall, and I would like to have seen the Comptech Supercharger I had to add be a standard equioment item from Acura.

This is my third one
By prdco

2004 Acura NSX Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Excellent performance, quality, and gas mileage...great for either open road or city driving

Favorite Features

Suggested Improvements

None

Funtastic
By dldurst

2004 Acura NSX Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I leased a 2004 NSX this spring. This car is flawless. I've had several Legends in the past and the NSX carries on that tradition. I now have 3000 miles on the car and it only gets better. It is definitely faster than when I first received it. It is the easiest manual transmission I've ever driven--ratios are perfect, gates easy to hit, throw is short and silky, unfortunately, my wife loves it. The brakes are strong. The acceleration is very good, but my son says the Z-06 he has driven is much faster. The handling is superb though, and the steering is very precise. The fit and finish is better than my wife's Lexus and the paint is unbelievable.

Favorite Features

Engine sound at 8000rpm, steering, ride is comfortable for a sports car, 74 mph in 2nd gear.

Suggested Improvements

Need to update radio antenna(vintage 90's power antenna), in dash CD player instead of trunk mounted, Ipod adapter, and of course--more power would always be welcomed.

Horsepower is Lagging.
By Peter Pantazopoulos

2004 Acura NSX Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

In all it is a fun car and it turns heads. I don't like the fact I need to but a new set of tires every 7000 miles and also that the horsepower is not up to speed with the rest of the exotics in the class. Maintenance wise it is an incredible purchase and a very rugged vehicle.

Favorite Features

Handling, one of the best handling cars I have driven in my 15 years of driving.

Suggested Improvements

More horsepower to compete with the Viper, E55 and M5. It is starting to lag in the horsepower war.