Best not-a-station-wagon car ever made
By Rainbby on
1999 Acura NSX T 2dr Coupe
This silver NSX-T has been our daily driver for ten years. Unless you're hauling goats to a vet, this is the best way for two people to get from here to there we've found in a pretty long life. We've owned a dozen cars in fifty years together. Over half were sports cars. Getting out can be a challenge at our age. Otherwise we've never had a car so satisfying in every way. I raced Formula Ford and I'm an aerospace engineer. This is a superbly designed car in all ways. We only get 21 mpg, but Corvette friends grimace at that. Our first clutch lasted 97K and both have been a pleasure to use. Headroom's fine for a 6 footer and someone has a tall mod.
Favorite Features
Joy of ownership. The way every part of the design works together. This car is quick beyond belief on a race track, but can be driven like a limousine if your spouse is sick and just needs the comfort of that lovely leather seat. Try that in any other supercar.
Suggested Improvements
Start building them again? I mean eventually ours will wear out. I suppose. Sound system is quite acceptable when you're waiting in a parking lot for someone or on cruise control, and redundant when you're really driving. If you don't want to listen to that lovely engine sound, buy a Lexus sedan.