Used 1999 Acura NSX T Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Acura Nsx - Consumer Reviews

1999 Acura NSX

View reviews for a specific NSX model:

Best not-a-station-wagon car ever made
By Rainbby

1999 Acura NSX T 2dr Coupe

This silver NSX-T has been our daily driver for ten years. Unless you're hauling goats to a vet, this is the best way for two people to get from here to there we've found in a pretty long life. We've owned a dozen cars in fifty years together. Over half were sports cars. Getting out can be a challenge at our age. Otherwise we've never had a car so satisfying in every way. I raced Formula Ford and I'm an aerospace engineer. This is a superbly designed car in all ways. We only get 21 mpg, but Corvette friends grimace at that. Our first clutch lasted 97K and both have been a pleasure to use. Headroom's fine for a 6 footer and someone has a tall mod.

Favorite Features

Joy of ownership. The way every part of the design works together. This car is quick beyond belief on a race track, but can be driven like a limousine if your spouse is sick and just needs the comfort of that lovely leather seat. Try that in any other supercar.

Suggested Improvements

Start building them again? I mean eventually ours will wear out. I suppose. Sound system is quite acceptable when you're waiting in a parking lot for someone or on cruise control, and redundant when you're really driving. If you don't want to listen to that lovely engine sound, buy a Lexus sedan.

nsx
By hk4site

1999 Acura NSX T 2dr Coupe

I love the car it is everything I though it would be. The build quality is excellent maybe the best cat I have owned

Suggested Improvements

I'am 6'3" and the headroom is limited

Killer Kaiser!
By k12dad

1999 Acura NSX T 2dr Coupe

The clutch is too difficult but otherwise, my Kaiser Silver NSX-T is just stunning! It is the same experience as a race car with the civility and dependability of a Honda!

Favorite Features

stunning handling when on the gas! forward vision is race car all the way!

Suggested Improvements

Better clutch - better sound system

My 99 NSX
By Gavazza

1999 Acura NSX T 2dr Coupe

I bought this car after about 2 years research. I had looked at Porsches and Corvettes. The build quailty and the reliability and just how fun it is to drive this car sold me. Great performance, great handling and it is even very comfortable on those long drives. Plus I think the lines of the car look wonderful, people are always coming up to me and asking about the car or making a positive comment about it. Great car

Favorite Features

Seating position, engine sounds like a race car engine( it is). Handles turns like it is on rails, amazing. Good vison aound the car. At 120mph( on the track!) it is so stable it is like you are driving at 60 mph.

Suggested Improvements

None