1991 Acura NSX Coupe - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L V6 5-speed Manual - (12 reviews )
One of the All-time Greats
By phomat on 07/28/11 22:00 PM (PDT)

1991 Acura NSX Coupe 2dr Coupe

Best irrational decision I ever made. Does very well as a car (fast, handles great, quiet when it should be and sounds incredible above 5000 rpm. But it's not really a car--it's a big trophy. It gets stares and attention wherever I go, particularly from 20-somethings. The other day I parked it at the Porsche dealer, where it was surrounded by cars costing 5 times as much. A couple arrived and made a beeline to the NSX, ogling it and ignoring all the expensive toys nearby. The only problem with it is that it's too nice to drive in traffic or park in parking lots.

NSX = Fun For Driving Enthusiasts
By Pat on 07/18/10 16:42 PM (PDT)

1991 Acura NSX Coupe 2dr Coupe

I have owned this car for 2 years and never cease to have fun while driving it. It always pleases and never disappoints. Although it was 18 years old when purchased, after only a few maintenance items (suspension, brakes and dealer recommended engine maintenance) and a little TLC, the car runs and drives like new. It is now 20 years old and starts and drives like it came off the showroom floor. The engine has 119,000 miles and never skips a beat, even at the 8000 RPM red line. Incredible!

Amazing Bang for the Buck
By Ninjaneer on 04/19/10 09:35 AM (PDT)

1991 Acura NSX Coupe 2dr Coupe

This car has the highest fun factor of any I have owned in 40 years of driving. It's beautiful looks turns heads wherever I go and it is a LOT of fun at the track or on the street. It is amazing that a car nearly 20 years old can compete in every meaningful way with some of the very best of today. The handling is superb, ergonomics excellent, and the sound of that engine revving to 8000+ rpm right behind your head intoxicating! While I may buy additional cars, I can't see myself ever selling my NSX.

Best Car Period
By NSX2NSX on 09/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Acura NSX Coupe 2dr Coupe

I sell highline cars for a living and have driven almost EVERY car out there (except for the Lamborghini Murcialago, spelling might be off). This NSX is the best all around car you can buy. Unlike JohnJohn's post of all the girls that look at him, most of my admirers have been men. They have been in the 4yrs- 48yr. range.

Incredible
By ravenarts on 08/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Acura NSX Coupe 2dr Coupe

After owning Porsches, Corvettes, Jaguars, BMWs, etc. NOTHING can compare to the NSX.

Get it if you can!
By NSXer4Life on 04/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Acura NSX Coupe 2dr Coupe

Best, fun, exotic, low maintenance vehicle I've ever driven. Some people complain about the $2,000 to replace the clutch (that's if you do it at an Acura dealership), but if you own a used Ferrari, that $2,000 won't even get you 2 oil changes every 1,500 miles.

Greatest car I've ever owned
By CanadaCraig on 12/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Acura NSX Coupe 2dr Coupe

The funny thing about owning an NSX is that you feel like you're 'in' on a wonderful secret that not too many people know about. The NSX truly is a wonderful car. It's been over 8 years now - since I bought my '91 - and I STILL get excited whenever I even THINK of going for a drive. That said - both power window regulators were replaced [to include the stronger plastic 'clip' that holds the windows in place] and the little a/c auto-temperature fan [the little fan behind that small grill on the dashboard] was replaced twice. I also replaced the clutch - once - and the clutch master cylinder.

Fun to Drive
By Davidinvermont on 12/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Acura NSX Coupe 2dr Coupe

Since I bought my 91 Acura NSX (it had 36k on it) I have begun to enjoy driving again. So many of the new cars just float over the road, kind of unconnected. The NSX kind of fits around you and you become part of the car. The car has great acceleration, cornering and handling in general. I always get asked what kind of car it is. It is a real eye catcher. The sight lines are excellent. The vision at night is great due to the excellent headlights. All in all, a very fun car. Also, so far I have had little or no expenses from the car.

Best Buy
By JohnJohn on 05/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Acura NSX Coupe 2dr Coupe

This is a car for the muscle lover with out the muscle money... Great Ride, Great Fun, Great Buy.

One of the finest exotic cars even built
By sbfnsx on 03/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Acura NSX Coupe 2dr Coupe

A premier exotic. It's origin has kept it from the respect it deserves. Reviewers agree it is one of the best exotics ever made. It willbe superceded by a 2nd version, as it has had an long life span. This car will become a collector's item and will be a rare find in the future. Even with only summer driving, occasional road trips or track events, the car is well worth having in your stable. It can be used as a daily driver, but some, only enjoy it's excellence on special occasions. It will perform flawlessly. This is one exotic that won't need $1000 oil changes! If you are lucky enough to drive or own an NSX, you will never be disappointed!