Used 1991 Acura NSX Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Acura Nsx - Consumer Reviews

1991 Acura NSX Coupe

Base 3.0L V6 5-speed Manual - (12 reviews )

One of the All-time Greats
By phomat

1991 Acura NSX Coupe 2dr Coupe

Best irrational decision I ever made. Does very well as a car (fast, handles great, quiet when it should be and sounds incredible above 5000 rpm. But it's not really a car--it's a big trophy. It gets stares and attention wherever I go, particularly from 20-somethings. The other day I parked it at the Porsche dealer, where it was surrounded by cars costing 5 times as much. A couple arrived and made a beeline to the NSX, ogling it and ignoring all the expensive toys nearby. The only problem with it is that it's too nice to drive in traffic or park in parking lots.

Favorite Features

Eargasm @ 5000-8000 RPMs Simple, comfortable and classy interior Beautiful exterior Handles like a big go-kart

Suggested Improvements

Could use a more aggressive sound below 5000 RPMs

NSX = Fun For Driving Enthusiasts
By Pat

1991 Acura NSX Coupe 2dr Coupe

I have owned this car for 2 years and never cease to have fun while driving it. It always pleases and never disappoints. Although it was 18 years old when purchased, after only a few maintenance items (suspension, brakes and dealer recommended engine maintenance) and a little TLC, the car runs and drives like new. It is now 20 years old and starts and drives like it came off the showroom floor. The engine has 119,000 miles and never skips a beat, even at the 8000 RPM red line. Incredible!

Favorite Features

It is unbelievably comfortable to drive for long trips. Very unusual for a true sports car.

Suggested Improvements

Aggressive track driving shows this cars only weakness, and that's the brakes. I have owned BMW's that have had much better brakes than this car.

Amazing Bang for the Buck
By Ninjaneer

1991 Acura NSX Coupe 2dr Coupe

This car has the highest fun factor of any I have owned in 40 years of driving. It's beautiful looks turns heads wherever I go and it is a LOT of fun at the track or on the street. It is amazing that a car nearly 20 years old can compete in every meaningful way with some of the very best of today. The handling is superb, ergonomics excellent, and the sound of that engine revving to 8000+ rpm right behind your head intoxicating! While I may buy additional cars, I can't see myself ever selling my NSX.

Favorite Features

The car is a beautifully balanced package. It is hard to single out one thing, but if I had to, it would be the handling and road feel.

Suggested Improvements

There is no such thing as too much power, so I guess a supercharger would be a nice option. I have already upgraded the springs, brakes, tires and wheels to great benefit.

Best Car Period
By NSX2NSX

1991 Acura NSX Coupe 2dr Coupe

I sell highline cars for a living and have driven almost EVERY car out there (except for the Lamborghini Murcialago, spelling might be off). This NSX is the best all around car you can buy. Unlike JohnJohn's post of all the girls that look at him, most of my admirers have been men. They have been in the 4yrs- 48yr. range.

Favorite Features

The reliability, handling and design.

Suggested Improvements

Supercharged version from factory. Will save me time of getting it aftermarket. It's a pain ordering parts from vendors such as Comptech, etc.

Incredible
By ravenarts

1991 Acura NSX Coupe 2dr Coupe

After owning Porsches, Corvettes, Jaguars, BMWs, etc. NOTHING can compare to the NSX.

Favorite Features

Everything.

Suggested Improvements

NONE.