2016 Acura MDX SUV Consumer Reviews - 70 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Acura MDX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

Great family car, not very fast, little noisy
By Simon Chu

2016 Acura MDX SUV SH-AWD 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

Overall not a bad car for a US manufactured vehicle, lots of gadgets that are fairly standard with other luxuries. My first time owning an MDX, the jewel lights are great. I am a little annoyed by the dull hum when you turn the steering wheel. The service guy says that is how it is made. I did not hear it in the other vehicles. The controls screen HAVE to be UPDATED to include a single button to change air circulation, when you see some exhaust and dusts you have to scramble to find the control and press TWO BUTTONS to change to recycle. I am able to get by just putting the car in AUTO for AC. You have to press TWO BUTTONS to turn on and off AC!

Shifting issues.
By Vincent Cerbo

2016 Acura MDX SUV Technology Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

I've only owned it for three weeks. The nine speed transmission has issues when shifting into second and third. Rough shifting from idle into first and second. Engine revs up then will often jump from first to third. Very pronounced action.

Transmission Failed at 5,000 miles
By Diana S

2016 Acura MDX SUV SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

Do NOT buy this car. We replaced our 2013 MDX with the 2016 and wish we had the old one back. This car is a dud. Do not buy it. We were driving on the expressway going 65 mph and the transmission catastrophically failed. So glad we had just went through a 1 lane stretch on 75 undergoing construction and were able to pull over to the side of the road. Dealership was awesome, but this car is terrible.

Unreliable Navigation System
By Carmen

2016 Acura MDX SUV Technology Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

The navigation map system in not reliable. When an update becomes available, be prepared to pay $145 or more plus tax & shipping for the software. My concern is traveling outside of my hometown to places that have updated their roads. Unfortunately for the amount of money spend for this vehicle, you CANNOT rely on the navigation map system. I purchased my vehicle in June 2015 and today (9/13/16) I contacted Honda Navigation System and was told there is no information about a forth coming update to the navigation map system. I have to use Google Maps from my mobile phone which is much more reliable.

JERKY RIDE!!!!
By amit shakya

2016 Acura MDX SUV Technology and Entertainment Packages 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

I decided to lease a 2016 MDX. It currently has about 700 miles and Oh man!!! what a dissapointment. The car jerks going from gear 1 to gear 2 and also to gear 3. It is something that you are not supposed to feel on a $50k vehicle.....I have also checked with few of my buddies that own mdx. They have the same feeling about the gear shifting......What a bummer!!!