2015 Acura MDX SUV Consumer Reviews - 34 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Acura MDX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

Mostly satisfied.
By Aroon Patel

2015 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The seating is not as comfortable as my Acura 2006. Long distances I get tired. Cargo space small. Gas mileage great.

Acura flagship model dropped the flag
By jeff

2015 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My 3rd Acura in the last 25 years. 1st was a 94 Legend - was a great car. Next was a TL - not so great. This MDX will be my last. Owned for 16 months and driven 13000 miles. Excessive road noise. Driving on rough roads difficult to carry on conversation with person in the middle seat. My 2 year old grandson can draw a better picture than the back up camera gives. It is totally worthless. Navigation is extremely poor - use your phone. Complained about issues at each service appointment but all I get is that will tightened this or that and see how it is until next time. Other words, kicking the can down the road till warranty is out. I did go visit local BMW dealer this past week - anyone want to buy a slightly used MDX?

2015 MDX Tech Package- AWESOME!
By SteveLo33

2015 Acura MDX SUV SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and I have owned several SUV's both large and small and when looking to replace a GMC Acadia we were having a tough time finding a small SUV with a 3rd row seat that had all the features and benefits of the Acadia. After looking at many different manufacturers and not wanting to go back to a GM product due to repair and breakdown issues we settled on the Audi and the Acura. Looking at and test driving both vehicles we both felt the Acura was more comfortable, offered better visibility and had a nicer interior. We went with it and the MDX has been fantastic. Definitely a 5 Star ***** vehicle. Performance, handling and overall satisfaction could not be higher.

No longer a premium vehicle or ownership experienc
By JDC NJ

2015 Acura MDX SUV Technology Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is one of the worst vehicles we've ever owned and has been rife with significant quality issues almost since we picked it up. For reference, these include: Body panels were missing attachment clips when car was delivered, quarter panel and bumper came loose. Multiple electrical issues including a bad alternator that dealer took 3 visits to diagnose. Satellite radio failed. Braking became uneven in the first year, dealer refused to address (in tolerance), now needs a brake job after <30k, abnormal tire wear, white paint comes off of car with the most minor contact (paint is thinner to save weight, per dealer), transmission shifts oddly with a great deal of engine noise (within tolerance). Aside from the quality issues, the electronics are poorly executed and difficult to use. You need to read the manual to learn how to change a radio station...and don't dare try to change audio or climate control while you are driving, its is so complicated as to be genuinely dangerous. I just had a great call with Acura customer service where I was told that I should bring the car back to the dealer and discuss all of these issues, again, with no support from Acura. This was once a great brand that produced great products, the MDX should really be out of the premium SUV category and reviewed against Hyundai, GM, Ford, and Toyota, it is premium to those products only in terms of price.

Bad Transmission
By Diane

2015 Acura MDX SUV Technology Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a used 2015 Acura MDX. You can feel the transmission changing with every gear. At slow speeds the car feels like it is missing. Took to dealer and software was updated but still same problem. Returned to dealer and was told it had an adaptable transmission and to drive it until it got used to the way I drove. I have driven it about 2,000 miles and still the same problem. Very disappointed as I thought Acura was a great car. Has anyone else had this problem?