2014 Acura MDX Consumer Review: UPDATED REVIEW w/MILEAGE DATA

2014 Acura MDX - Consumer Review

UPDATED REVIEW w/MILEAGE DATA
By joeag8 on

2014 Acura MDX SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Now that I have 1700 miles on the car, I thought I would provide an updated review to include mileage data. My overall driving habits fall around 65% highway, 35% city, and I currently average a total of 23.9 MPG. After 22,000 miles on my 2012 MDX, the best I was able to achieve was 18.6 MPG, so this is a huge improvement. Many of us have seen reviews with significant MPG stated -here's why. The 2014 has a robust online computer that not only provides total MPG, but per trip MPG as well. I drove from Central NJ to Newark, Delaware twice last week (78 miles each way, 80% highway, 20% city) and averaged 30.9 and 30.7 MPG on each trip, which is impressive for this type of vehicle.

Favorite Features

Quiet, smooth ride still a favorite feature. Switching to the "sports" mode changes the feel of the car to more closely resemble the drive of my 2012 MDX. With the third row down, there is significant cargo space available, which has definitely come in handy. Obviously, the improvement to the MPG has to be a favorite feature because now I don't have to hesitate to take the car out due to gas concerns. New LED lights do a fantastic job lighting dark roads, a huge improvement over HID lights. Here's a myth buster - the driver seat DOES go up and down, back and forth etc, it is extremely comfortable and easy to find the right position.

Suggested Improvements

1700 miles in, I have to say that I have still not found anything to dislike about the car. The car definitely looks better in person, so if you are relying on pictures, take a moment to see the real thing. Still can't get over the fact that fog lights are not included in any configuration. Some of the warning sounds associated with lane departure and blind spot monitoring can get bothersome, I just need to improve my driving skills.