Sporty and Comfortable
By bluegoldbobcat on
2014 Acura MDX SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
Have put first 650 miles on 2014 MDX AWD Tech...coming from 2010 SRX...lots of fun to drive, seats very comfortable, but, front edge of driver seat won't tilt forward, so it may be tougher for short legs. Acceleration is smooth and steering feel is excellent...drove the RX too but, MDX sportier handling much more fun...very roomy 2nd seat with new push button slide ...cargo area gives me all I need. Having only 2 option packages from Base forces losing desirable options like heated rear seats, folding rear view mirrors, remote start, parking sensors, better insulation, better leather, etc without paying $8K more for Advance pkg and then you get 16.2 in DVD screen, 22.8 mpg on first tank.
Favorite Features
Engine, roominess, stereo sound, handling
Suggested Improvements
More option availability, make pwr folding mirrors availabilty on Tech, bigger moon roof.
By doninatlanta
on 07/23/13 08:21 AM (PDT)

I too have short legs, so the front of the seat not tilt forward is a concern. Can you keep us posted on your gas mileage-- city alone, highway alone, and overall mixed. I assume your 22.8 was mixed. Thanks.

By pmafromca
on 08/17/13 12:30 PM (PDT)

How do you find the AWD? We are in California and dont really need an AWD, so just confused between an AWD and a FWD. On the test drive, the ride seemed to be better on a FWD

By bluegoldbobcat
on 07/25/13 10:27 AM (PDT)

Yes...my first report was a mixed mileage summary with lots of idle time while adjusting the tech settings...I got 26.7 on a 270 mile trip last week and am averaging close to 25 city/hwy with 2500 miles now posted.