2014 Acura MDX Consumer Review: So far so good

2014 Acura MDX - Consumer Review

So far so good
By tlsb2001 on

2014 Acura MDX SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

1900 miles so far. Comfortable on the road. Have had two problems: (1) a rattle coming from the right front (another reviewer mentioned an "annoying sound coming from the glove box...") and (2) stereo control issues. They fixed the rattle -- something related to packing and the front right strut. Stereo issue remains. Sometimes when the iPod is plugged in and I try to change from one playlist to another, it puts up a message: "Generating voice recognition commands..." I have to turn the car off to get rid of the message. Acura has a bulletin about problems occurring when the iPod is not plugged in all the way. I've confirmed my iPod is securely connected.

Comfy ride. Great fuel economy for an SUV. Strong a/c. Ample room for passengers and cargo. Re: passengers, I took a 90-minute road trip with 5 other adults -- two relatively small women in the third row. No complaints from any passengers.

Use real wood instead of fake wood for trim. And add a bit more wood trim accents. I expect a few quality issues in the first year of a redesigned model ... especially when I've chosen to purchase so early in the new production year. My last car was 2007 Lexus GS350. It was much sportier and a bit more comfortable. But the sporty feel and comfort it lacks are offset by the benefits of a solid SUV with fuel economy at least as good as my old Lexus.