Great Roomy Ride- Silent Cabin
By mt5670 on
2014 Acura MDX SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
Traded in the VW Passat wagon for the MDX in September. It's been 5 mos. with the MDX and we've had no problems. We have 2 big dogs so there's plenty of room for them and our gear when we head out of town. We live in the city (SF), so I try keep the driving in the city to a minimum. Cabin is quiet and ride is smooth. Prefer Sport mode since I like the tighter steering feel similar to my last car. We keep the 3rd row seats folded down for more room. It's a very roomy cabin and cargo space. Much more storage than the Toureg and some of the other mid-size we looked at. I'm glad they rounded out the beak since that was always an eye sore for me.
Favorite Features
1. Quiet Cabin 2. Decent stereo and ability to sync with different devices and contact lists with phone 3. Lane Departure warning. Although some roads it can get annoying 4. Ability to send address to car via acura linklink.
Suggested Improvements
Some areas to improve: 1. Limited seat and Lumbar support directions. I'm 5'8 and would be nice if the Driver seat could go up more and it would be nice if they had a 4-way Lumbar suppport 2. Mileage- Although I am a lead foot and usually have 2 dogs in back, I have yet to have gotten anywhere close to the City/Highway mileage. 3. No Fog - Lights 4. Traffic displays on Navigation is difficult to decipher. They need to make the traffic lines thicker. 5. Not sure if it's me but it feels like the headlights to capture objects well when rounding corners .