2014 Acura MDX Consumer Review: Even better! A keeper!

2014 Acura MDX - Consumer Review

2014 Acura MDX

SH-AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic)

Even better! A keeper!
By tmariner on

2014 Acura MDX SH-AWD 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Moved up to the 2014 from a 2011 MDX. Looks similar, but big perceptual difference.

I can select the Sport mode and make the MDX handle like the 2011 3.7 liter, but normally luxuriate in the "normal" mode with handling and silence. The twin screen dash still befuddles my wife, but as a techie big step up -- and I have the "base" model without all the goodies.

Great acceleration, but more silent and refined. Tons of detail improvements to numberous to list.

If you're in the market for an SUV, either step up to or step sideways into this car! I mistakenly leased it -- a reasonable deal, but they will probably have to pry this thing out of my cold, dead hands.

Ride, Acceleration, handling, silence, attachment to my Android phone, keyless everything. [take a breath] Pride of ownership, better second row seats, bigger compartment in back, toasty heated seats, aimed multi-beam headlights, bigger rear camera.

Let me drive it for a while -- I'd normally get stupid and say "a shimmy at 140 mph", but this is a serious car.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review