2014 Acura MDX Consumer Review: Love our 2014 MDX

2014 Acura MDX - Consumer Review

SH-AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic)

Love our 2014 MDX
By david1965 on

2014 Acura MDX SH-AWD 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought our 14 MDX in October and have driven about 5,000 flawless miles. We have had a lot of winter weather lately and the MDX does great on snow and ice. We are pleased with fuel economy for a vehicle this large. This is my wife's car primarily and she drives like she's running from the law - still averaging about 22 mpg in mix of city/highway. Only complaint is that touchscreen seems difficult to use as compared to simply having a knob or a switch. But all cars seem to be going the touch screen direction. Also wish Acura didn't do quite so much bundling of packages. Would have purchased the tech package but I am not a fan of the navigation system. Overall, very pleased.

Favorite features would be build quality, acceleration and smooth running engine. Also find the car to be very comfortable and just a pleasure to drive.

I would suggest simplifying the touch screens. I hate having to go to multiple screens to adjust the temperature or fan speed etcÂ… Certain things could be handled much easier with a knob, God forbid. Also, Acura and other car makers, please don't make us buy navigation to get the more luxurious packages. We didn't buy the tech package because I hated the navigation.