Love our 2014 MDX
By david1965 on
2014 Acura MDX SH-AWD 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
Bought our 14 MDX in October and have driven about 5,000 flawless miles. We have had a lot of winter weather lately and the MDX does great on snow and ice. We are pleased with fuel economy for a vehicle this large. This is my wife's car primarily and she drives like she's running from the law - still averaging about 22 mpg in mix of city/highway. Only complaint is that touchscreen seems difficult to use as compared to simply having a knob or a switch. But all cars seem to be going the touch screen direction. Also wish Acura didn't do quite so much bundling of packages. Would have purchased the tech package but I am not a fan of the navigation system. Overall, very pleased.
Favorite Features
Favorite features would be build quality, acceleration and smooth running engine. Also find the car to be very comfortable and just a pleasure to drive.
Suggested Improvements
I would suggest simplifying the touch screens. I hate having to go to multiple screens to adjust the temperature or fan speed etcÂ… Certain things could be handled much easier with a knob, God forbid. Also, Acura and other car makers, please don't make us buy navigation to get the more luxurious packages. We didn't buy the tech package because I hated the navigation.