Impressive
By joeag8 on
2014 Acura MDX SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
Just purchased the 2014 MDX after driving the 2012 model for the past two years. While I loved my 2012, my only disappointment had to do with the fact that it was a bit long in the tooth. I longed for newer technology, so when the 2014 became available, I jumped on it. Wow, am I glad I did- the improvements to what was an already fantastic vehicle are significant.
Favorite Features
This car is so quiet, you might think that you forgot to start the engine. There are a ton of new features, all of which I love. The performance, improved gas mileage, blind spot indicator, lane departure warning, touch screen, better access to 2nd and 3rd rows, unlocking and locking doors from the outside with no key are just a few of my favorite features. The new headlights are fantastic- I especially like how the daytime running lights are incorporated. Very chic.
Suggested Improvements
Would like to see auto collapsible side mirrors in a future release. However, the car is slightly more narrow and easier to park into my garage than the 2012 model. Acura is great about providing value, but I find it surprising that a $50,000+ SUV would not have fog lights included in any configuration. They are only available as a dealer add-on, costing just under $1,000 installed.
By doninatlanta
on 07/23/13 08:17 AM (PDT)

Can you tell me about your gas mileage, city alone, highway alone, and combined? Thanks.

By skydriver1
on 12/07/13 13:45 PM (PST)

Also, no spare tire.

By pmafromca
on 08/17/13 12:28 PM (PDT)

How do you find the AWD? We are in CA and dont really need an AWD, so just confused between an AWD and a FWD. The ride seemed to be better on a FWD.