Great midsized SUV
By gra_jr on
2014 Acura MDX SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
Had the MDX SH-awd Tech for a little over a month now. Third Acura but first Acura SUV. Coming from the 12 TL SH-awd Advanced it is taking a little getting used to. The TL had much more "spunk" but it was a luxury sports car if you will. Overall it is a great car. Ride is silky smooth. We do get a little noise from the Direct Injection from the outside but can't hear it all in the cab. Strongly considered the RLX but couldn't justify the $6K cost since this is virtually the same interior dash layout, engine, and Tech features as the RLX tech. Also considered resale value. As popular as the MDX's are compared to bad reviews of the RLX it was a no brainer.... Go for the MDX!
Favorite Features
LED headlights are second to none. Smoothest ride in a midsized luxury SUV that we found. Eucalyptus color interior is beautiful with the White Diamond Pearl exterior. The interior color is tops. It blends well with the standard dash color on all MDX's.
Suggested Improvements
Raise it back up! I like the ride height of the 13 better but with improved mileage I guess we can live with it. Put a better backup camera! The 12 TL had a much clearer picture. I expected better with a price tag crowding $50K! My wife is vertically challenged. At 5' 3" she complains that the steering wheel doesn't adjust low enough to be completely comfortable. I am VERY much a perfectionist when it comes to keeping a new car looking new for years. I did find a couple of very minor flaws in the exterior paint. Not a show stopper but hope they remain "minor".
By tomsjay
on 11/28/13 15:16 PM (PST)

Review is spot on. 2013 had better material and build quality .also it had more road presence and more techno design. The interior had a premium distinct appeal. 2014 while having nice features has become another SUV in the crowd and saving money on material and fit and finish. RLX is made in Japan and has better material and build. By the way 2013 MDX was made in Canada and for some reason Canadian built Honda/acura vehicles had better build and material quality .