Best in Class
By jlazc on
2014 Acura MDX SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
I've spent the last week wearing out SUV salesmen in many many show rooms. As a semi BMW loyalist, I went to look at the X5 to replace my Suburban and share garage space with my M Roadster and 7 series. The Suburban is too big now that the kids are grown, but the X5 was too small. I then proceeded to drive several of the other luxury SUV's (Lexus, Infinity, Mercedes, and Acura) and the MDX stands out in every category I saw important. It was close to the X5 in handling and better in ride (It blew the others away in both). Acceleration is strong and braking is quick and reliable. 2nd seat leg room rivals the 7 series. With the 3rd seat down, storage is ample and we can take 7 pax if needed.
Favorite Features
Favorites are Sport mode, acceleration, good handling and ride, it's quiet with a nice engine growl when pushed, technology package, 2nd seat leg room, excellent driving position, price for what offered....great value
Suggested Improvements
In my book, front end design could be better. Would be nice if more of advance package was offered ala-carte.
By jlazc
on 12/02/13 15:04 PM (PST)

Update: I picked up my MDX at the dealer on November 24th and left on a 1500 mile road trip on the 25th. This is a great road car and I love the way it drives on the freeway and back roads alike. I was still very comfortable after many hours in the seat. I do agree with a few of the suggested improvements others have suggested. 1. The drivers seat could go a little higher; it was fine for me as a 6' male, but I had it all the way up so I can see how shorter drivers would complain. 2. There is a definite high learning curve on the Nav system and it could definitely be made easier to use, but it's Ok if you take the time to learn the logic. Even with these minor issues, this trip solidified my best in class analysis.