2014 Acura MDX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:
great bang for your buck
By stegrin on 12/28/13 07:22 AM (PST)

2014 Acura MDX SUV Technology Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

love the MDX..i do a lot of hwy driving..only thing i am disappointed with is that i am averaging apprx 24.8 mpg on hwy..a little less than advertised..but not terrible...i looked at many of its competitors, i.e mercedes, infiniti, bmw to name a few..mdx is def cheaper than its competitors for a comparably equipped vehicle...

Great midsized SUV
By gra_jr on 11/24/13 06:58 AM (PST)

2014 Acura MDX SUV SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Had the MDX SH-awd Tech for a little over a month now. Third Acura but first Acura SUV. Coming from the 12 TL SH-awd Advanced it is taking a little getting used to. The TL had much more "spunk" but it was a luxury sports car if you will. Overall it is a great car. Ride is silky smooth. We do get a little noise from the Direct Injection from the outside but can't hear it all in the cab. Strongly considered the RLX but couldn't justify the $6K cost since this is virtually the same interior dash layout, engine, and Tech features as the RLX tech. Also considered resale value. As popular as the MDX's are compared to bad reviews of the RLX it was a no brainer.... Go for the MDX!

Great car, lousy Nav/Ent/Voice System
By danrhiggins on 11/16/13 19:50 PM (PST)

2014 Acura MDX SUV SH-AWD w/Advance and Entertainment Packages 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my '14 MDX (white Advance) since June and now have over 13K miles. I love the way the car drives. But the Nav, voice command and entertainment software is sub-par and of poor quality. Poor support for Apple products. Poor voice command (fewer commands then other vehicles, some commands don't work, etc.), very poor Nav display (not clear, doesn't work with polarized glasses.) Again, for a vehicle of this size it handles well and is fun to drive. Good use of interior space. Comfortable enough though the driver seat could use some more adjustment options. LKAS, AAC, CAS, BSI pretty cool. Nav/Voice/Entertainment very disappointing.

Unacceptable noises
By buchem on 11/09/13 14:43 PM (PST)

2014 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Soon after delivery we took a long road trip. Would have been enjoyable with great comfort but trip was ruined by dashboard rattles and intermittent grating noise under light acceleration. After three trips to dealer the dash noises are less but not eliminated and are judged to be "normal". Not in $50K car. Worse is the grating noise. Dealer says it is a "known issue" with no known cause or solution. I know the 2014 model is a total redesign butt his is just unacceptable. All I can say to potential buyers is avoid this car. Acura is selling cars with a known issue and not currently able to fix them. We are very unhappy customers.

As good a Luxury SUV you'll find
By aqc1 on 11/04/13 12:38 PM (PST)

2014 Acura MDX SUV SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my 3rd Acura and 2nd MDX (previous was 07' Tech/enter) so I'm clearly an Acura fan. The new MDX is better than the old MDX in every way. Silky smooth 3.5L V6 with better performance and far better MPG (18/27 AWD. I'm averaging 22 combined). Ultra quiet interior, luxurioius faux-wood and tech savy. love the adaptive cruise, lane departur warning and crash mitigation. I lean more towards Tech than pampering in my cars so I'm all in. Love the touch screen, tablet interface is clearly the way to go. Ride quality is improved over the last gen MDX. My only complaint are the seats. Not as good as 10' TL SHAWD, best seats of any car i've owned. 27MPG!

Best in Class
By jlazc on 10/30/13 17:15 PM (PDT)

2014 Acura MDX SUV SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've spent the last week wearing out SUV salesmen in many many show rooms. As a semi BMW loyalist, I went to look at the X5 to replace my Suburban and share garage space with my M Roadster and 7 series. The Suburban is too big now that the kids are grown, but the X5 was too small. I then proceeded to drive several of the other luxury SUV's (Lexus, Infinity, Mercedes, and Acura) and the MDX stands out in every category I saw important. It was close to the X5 in handling and better in ride (It blew the others away in both). Acceleration is strong and braking is quick and reliable. 2nd seat leg room rivals the 7 series. With the 3rd seat down, storage is ample and we can take 7 pax if needed.

Thoughtful Engineering
By russ01 on 10/30/13 10:34 AM (PDT)

2014 Acura MDX SUV SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Got my MDX about six weeks and 2,700 miles ago. Love almost everything about it. Great build quality. You can see the engineers, designers and marketers all worked together to really think through even the smallest details. The knobs and buttons all "feel" solid. Super quiet. Smooth ride. Just a great car. My wife loves it. (btw, she is 5'2" and has no problems with the size of this car.) Mileage is around 22 mixed. Not what trip computer says. Love design and layout. Great stereo sound. Super space and storage, even in back. Rear camera is set too far out, so in rain, lens gets water and is unusable. First Honda product, but very pleased so far. No mechanical issues at all.

Don't penny pinch on a premium brand
By mqc99 on 10/14/13 21:39 PM (PDT)

2014 Acura MDX SUV Technology Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We bought the 2014 MDX 2WD with Tech Package. The car looks & drives great and we are very happy about our purchase (well, almost). We have been a Honda owner for over 20 years and this is our 1st Acura. We were told by the dealer the 2WD model doesn't come with a spare tire, instead it has an emergency repair kit. OK, we can live without the spare tire. But, upon returning home, I discovered they also don't include a tire wrench or a jack. Are you kidding me Acura?!! Do you really need to save that extra $1.50 on a $50K LUXURY car? I guess it is hard for you to imagine that some of your Acura owners may still want to do some maintenance work themselves. I feels being nickel & dime'd by you!

Handling + Braking + MPG = Great Car
By deannie on 10/05/13 20:24 PM (PDT)

2014 Acura MDX SUV SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Wow. I expected excellent fuel economy, but I did not expect to regularly exceed the mpg rating. Light throttle at 60-70 mph = 30-32 mpg. This is HYBRID-LIKE fuel economy! Make no mistake, handling and braking are crucial to active safety, and this car has it. It was upsetting, though, to have to opt for the tech pkg in order to get the 19" wheels/lower profile tires which make tech pkg cars handle and brake marginally better than those non-tech-equipped. Short people MUST test-drive before buying. My 5'2" wife BARELY found a suitable driving position. Love the side mirrors reverse-tilt feature, but prefer both mirrors tilt down when in reverse, not just one.

Best 2014 (7 Pas) SUV
By nav11 on 09/29/13 12:28 PM (PDT)

2014 Acura MDX SUV SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Former 2012 ML350 owner, the 2014 Acura is $5k cheaper and offers so much more for the money. I test drove Infiniti Q60 and it did not compare. No contest the MDX is the by far superior than ML, RX, Q60 and the XC. The MDX provides an Excellent ride, best mpg in its class, sexy jewel headlights, roomy, prompt acceleration. Acura did a great job.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Acura MDX Suv in VA is:

$140 per month*