Used 2014 Acura MDX SUV Consumer Reviews - 61 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Acura MDX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

Many many issues and trips to dealership
By Allan De

2014 Acura MDX SUV Advance and Entertainment Packages 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The voice control does not work
Fit and finish is not up to par
Door out of alignment
Steering needed update
Shim kit for squeaking noise in engine needed
Infotainment system is the worst ever - you are locked out of basic functions while driving
Nav system is horrible
Seat was loose needed all new parts
Audio is not all that good
Voice control doesn't work

Best value
By Al

2014 Acura MDX SUV Technology Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I buy a lot of cars for myself and wife. This is my 4th MDX in 7 years. Tried an Enclave terrible seats and steering. Had a MKX for 9000 traded it the steering had torque steel when you punched the gas. My wife drives an Audi but has had a Cayanne, an X5, Range Rover and more. Dollar for dollar the MDX is the best value for me. Quiet, quick and very good seats.

2014 MDX
By chris441

2014 Acura MDX SUV SH-AWD w/Technology and Entertainment Packages 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I would steer clear of this redesigned MDX. I looked at a few different Suv's before purchasing my "New "MDX". Was thrilled to have my first ACURA. What a rattle trap it has become. Noises from the front to back. Engine has strange noises. Interior trim coming loose. Made an appointment with the purchasing dealer only to have them tell me it needed tires.(21,000 miles) and alignment. Could not find the noises. Said if I came back and purchased a set of new tires $1300.00 they would look at it some more. Talked to Acura about this and they said it was a dealer issue and I would have to take care of it by working it out with the dealer. What happened to my warranty?? No more Acura's for me!

Last Honda I will ever buy
By Sung Lee

2014 Acura MDX SUV SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Stay away from this year's MDX
From 00 Civic si, S2000, TSX, Prelude, and finally this MDX. One of the worst reliability that I have ever faced for a new car. Okay so my car has about 56k miles and now warranty is over. During its journey,it had couple of problems:Seesaw noise on engine bay, Squeeky steering wheel, two recalls (seatbelt and driveshaft), rear seatbelt rattle and now lane departure warning, front collision warning and transmission warning.... I knew that the old Honda/Acura had crappy transmission but didn't know it carried onto new models. Usually first year model is buggy but I think this has to be most annoying new car that I have ever bought (I owned about 15 cars so far)

nice and roomy, quiet, very sedan like driving

Acura really needs to fix their mechanical problems. And why so many fluid changes? from transmission fluid, differential fluid, fluid again and again. Looks like I am spending more money on "preventative" maintenance on new car compare to my BMW or my Subaru.

Really wanted it to be good. But it's not
By Ted Leo

2014 Acura MDX SUV SH-AWD 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Got the 2014 version brand new after being a previous Acura owner. Actual engine and driving part is excellent. Powerful engine and good handling but it is loud and the rest is lacking. Computer service lights never stop. The only time I ever actually enjoy the console is the week after I take it for service and get hit for $300 bucks. The other 90% of the time the tire pressure and service lights are constantly on. It reminds me of my printer that never works because it's constantly trying to make you buy new toner instead of just working. Last week and the service tech implied the reason for all the service needed is because the car is almost 2 yrs old. C'mon, it barely has 1200 miles.

Good engine, Tight handling for a SUV. rear view backup mirror is nice

Driver console design needs much better layout. Computer alerting system needs to be adjusted so error lights are not constantly on. Bad (and I mean bad) blind spots when driving compared to my other vehicles.