Used 2013 Acura MDX SUV Consumer Reviews - 4 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Acura MDX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

Satisfied with my Purchase
By Anonymous

2013 Acura MDX SUV Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2013 MDX in April of 2016 as a Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle. I researched the vehicle for about 5 months before finally making a purchase, I wanted to make sure I was buying a reliable vehicle since the car I traded in for the Acura was less than reliable. While I am overall very satisfied with my purchase the MDX did fall short in a few areas, at least for the 2013 year, there is no push button ignition, backup camera is very blurry and useless at night, and the vehicle likes to shift out of first gear very quickly which can be aggravating instantly losing that power(shifts at about 2200 RPM, would be smoother shifting around the 3000 RPM point), I also don't like the lever release for the parking brake, I'm use to "push to release" parking brakes, but it's no big deal. With those 4 complaints though, the MDX makes up for it in other areas. For starters, it runs great, there is no shortage of power and the engine has an amazing sound running through the RPMs. The vehicle also handles like a dream, you can take it on a mountain road and not feel like it's going to tip over or that you need to crawl up the mountain. Of course the appearance is what first caught my attention to consider the MDX, I have received nothing but compliments from coworkers and friends over the way the vehicle looks, it has a very aggressive front and rear end. The stereo is also amazing, while I could stand it to be a little louder at times, most people are not going to have an issue at all. I also get decent gas mileage, I average around 20 MPG, given the size and horsepower I don't consider that bad at all, although requiring premium gas does make that number a little irrelevant spending at least 50 cents more per gallon at the pump than a rival running on regular. One issue that has been prevalent since I purchased the car has been a vibration that comes and goes, after changing 2 of the tires it went away then came back a few weeks later, running the car to 5500 RPM completely eliminated the vibration, now only a slight vibration shows up on rare occasions and goes away shortly after. I have also noticed complaints about bearings going bad fairly quickly on the MDX, I have an appointment soon to check a slight roaring noise that I believe may be one of the bearings. Overall though, i would recommend the vehicle to anyone.

BEST SUV IN THE CALSS
By AmithW

2013 Acura MDX SUV Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I always buy less than 2 yr old cars. Due to high mileage driving(25K/yr) I cannot lease. I compared the BMW X5, MDX, Lexus RX 350, and Benz GL class. After loads of research and test driving it was easy to zero in on the final 2 of RX 350 and MDX. MDX won due to following. Exceptional road handling over RX 350. Killer looks to match the Road handling. Excellent acceleration combined with the growl from under the hood makes you feel like a F1 race driver. And finally I only saw 5 star user reviews for MDX. I have now clocked 45000 miles in 2 years. (No major repairs only maintenance so far) Still feel like a kid getting into it every morning. Feels good to drive it knowing it will not fail me and give me the best driving experience. I just returned from the 2016 LA Auto show and realized my MDX is still so very good. I do get 17.5mpg combined. Highly, highly recommend this car. I wish Acura continued with the same or higher powered engines for the 2016 and up models. I strongly feel when one's willing to pocket out $60K price tag 2 or 3 mpg shouldn't be an issue. I shall have mine for 2 more years and hopefully by then Acura will come up with a higher hp MDX...

Great Vehicle for Price
By ken117

2013 Acura MDX SUV Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Have had the MDX for about two months.
Other than MPG, nothing to complain about.
Performance is outstanding for an CUV/SUV.
MDX is actually fun to drive on a winding rural road.

No noted squeaks or rattles.
Things seem solid.

Had a 2012 RDX and the MDX is far better.

Acura dealers discounting due to coming 2014 model can result in a very attractive deal.

Performance, interior comfort and design, sound system, capacity. Having seven seats when needed.

Not having keyless ignition is strange for such a costly vehicle. Improving MPG a bit would be nice.

Acura MDX Review
By love2drive111

2013 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I recently bought a brand new Acura MDX and I am a satisfied customer. The primary reason I purchased this car was that it was a gift for my
mother and I believed it fit her style, a blend of luxury and accomplishment. Driving impressions of this vehicle were satisfying as the ride is very sleek, you can hardly feel a bump on the road. The ride is almost too relaxing as if you were on auto pilot in a commercial aircraft. The vehicle is extremely fun especially in the rain, as its suspension is highly tuned for safety. Seeing other MDX vehicles on the road is definitely an eye catcher because of limited ownership. If you have the means of 50k I highly recommend it.

Gorgeous looks, impressive handling, tenacious brake system, sleek ride, safety, and limited ownership

low end torque