Buyer Beware...
By pwr1 on
2012 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Advance Package (3.7L 6cyl 6A)
I spent over $50,000 on an SUV that is all talk and no walk. Everything about this vehicle exudes quality and detail - until you try to go up a steep hill like your driveway. WTF. The vehicle shifts up immediately, then slows down almost to a stall, then shifts down hard, goes 20ft then shifts up again. I was embarrassed as hell, and as soon as I can dump it I'm going to. Don't waste your time or money. I'm headed straight toward a real SUV like the new Yukon Denali etc... this was a wast of time and money and reputation on Acura's part. The dealers know about the shift problem, but they won't discuss it with you (I know an out of town dealer srvc rep that confirms this). Angry now.
Suggested Improvements
Remap the transmission so it shifts correctly at the correct speed, or replace the torque converter - both of which were done on the 2010 & 2011 model.
By joeluisbatista
on 04/10/14 07:28 AM (PDT)

I have a 2012 an I agree the MDX leaves alot to be desired for the money,there are lots of issues,steering,transmission,alignment/suspension problems/defects and Honda is in denial/hidding the defects. My MDX has steering issues I found out that 17% of the MDX's have steering issues.MY vehicle can not hold a wheel alignment it has had 3 wheel alignments in the past 3 months and a few days after the alignments the vehicle starts to pull to the left again.A so called Honda rep has inspected the vehicle and with me in the car showing him how it pulls he "claims" he is not seeing it-I told him you are either blind,in denial or just plain trying to hide the problem by claimimg it does not exist. As soon as I can get rid of the negative equity this piece of crap will be history-I also get a noxious/stale refrigerant/over heating metal smell coming out of the vents sometimes and Honda although well know for vent odors deny it they claim they dont smell it-The smell comes from water that gathers in the evaporator thus creating an ideal enviornment for mold and bacteria which is very harmful to your health,since they could not "smell" it I took it upon myself to get rid of the smell-I purchased a product on Ebay called "FRIGI-CLEAN" it is a microbrial disinfectant spray that kills mold and bacteria you spray it where the cabin filter is and it travels to the evaporator killing all the mold and bacteria-I did this and so far so good the smell is gone-I am not a mechanic and it is shameful that I can get rid of the smell with a 20 dollar product yet the schooled Honda tech can not..Honda hides and denies problems their brand is not as great as they claim..Shame on you HONDA!!!!! Never again-I am going back the Mercedes Benz my ML350 was awesome!!