Switched from a Volvo xc60 for the sake of comfort
By nelsoncm on
2012 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 6A)
I had an awesome 2012 XC60 T6 R type that was a thing of precision and style. Sadly it was also wretchedly uncomfortable.....rock hard seats, rock hard suspsension. I'm a mom with a bad hip and back who loves to drive fast but I just couldn't take it. So I went for my gently used MDX. My husband has a TL that is still running great at 70K, so now we're a two Acura family. I agree that build quality is certainly not up to some of the European standards. But this should be fine for a suburban mommy mobile that might see light off road duty on easy dirt roads on scout campout weekends.
Favorite Features
Seat comfort, roomy back seat, exterior styling, smooth ride.
Suggested Improvements
AM radio reception sounds like it's coming through a transistor radio. Navigation is pretty silly to try to figure out. Not the smoothest shifting vehicle, I certainly hope this MDX doesn't live up to some of the negative stuff I've heard about Honda trannies. Also, access to third row, with above floor rails, is terrible and their third row only fit for toddlers. (Mazda CX-9 much better in this regard, second row should slide fore and aft -- almost ended up with one of those but feared the firmer ride after my Volvo experience.)