2012 Acura MDX Consumer Review: Not Luxury Car Quality

2012 Acura MDX - Consumer Review

Not Luxury Car Quality
By bayman48 on

2012 Acura MDX Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Its an ok car, but maybe I set my standards too high, the quality and craftsmanship compared to the germans or to even lexus is sorely lacking. I am downright shocked, I can see carpet staples, the carpeting stops in odd places so it looks cheap, the fake wood is horrible...some hard to tough interior parts. The service is horrible, at two dealer, one makes excuses, I point out issues and he shows me new models that have the same issues...such as a sticking glove box handle, squeaking at the b-pillar, hood plastic cushions that fall off, etc. Outside of the relatively poor build quality and craftsmanship (clearly not built in japan mind you) its an ok car, but acura needs to improve.

seven seat flexibility, ok power delivery...ok that's enough, can I continue on its faults? ok, well the Bluetooth never knows which phone to connect to, there is always a lag to connect, the light/day mode for the display lag...also, why to auto sensing wipers? why no push button start and keyless start? voice activation is as others have said...a joke, oh yes, navi is pretty good.

build quality, build quality, build quality. Also, the interior materials could be improved. offer more color and interior options..cant believe I couldn't get red with a black interior. Oh yes, almost forgot...include back up sensors especially since the truck is so wide....don't nickel and dime us and make it an accessory that costs over a grand with installation...what a joke, bigger stand along tire options would be nice as well.