2012 Acura MDX Consumer Review: Enjoying my first SUV

2012 Acura MDX SUV - Consumer Review

Enjoying my first SUV
By appstategrad95 on

2012 Acura MDX Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Overall quite pleased with the vehicle. It's fun to drive, has a good bit of technological goodies and should be a reliable vehicle I hope my family enjoys for years to come.

Navigation system, bluetooth functionality, ELS stereo, ipod connectivity and search capability. The engine and transmission provide ample power smoothly. The 6 speed transmission is much smoother than the one in the sports sedan I previously owned. The handling of the MDX is sporty as well. Although I'm sure my old Infiniti ultimately handled better, the handling in the MDX feels almost as sporty. I also enjoy the XM Weather and Traffic. Yes, you have to pay extra for it, but seeing where traffic delays are in real time and having the ability to see information for each traffic incident is a nice feature.

I would have liked the vehicle to have contained the following features: push button start, a power outlet in the center console storage vs. the coin holder area, the ability to charge multiple devices from the USB cable. I also found it odd that a vehicle in this price range did not offer automatic driver seat movement that would provide easier entry and exit from the vehicle. My 2004 Infiniti had that feature. I'd also like Acura to consider cylinder deactivation to improve gas mileage. The new Jeep Wrangler with the Pentastar engine gets the same gas mileage as the MDX. Granted, on road performance is not equivalent between the vehicles but I expected better gas mileage.