2012 Acura MDX w/ tech package at 2,000 miles
By bill2219 on
2012 Acura MDX Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)
I never thought I would own a "gas guzzling SUV” until taking a long test drive in an MDX. I had planned to buy a smaller 4x4 such as the Acura RDX or Honda CRV, but the MDX has the road manners of a smaller, sporty vehicle along with every convenience and safety feature I wanted. Gas mileage was a concern until it returned over 21 mpg on 1,000 mile round trip while fully loaded that mostly exceeded legal Interstate speeds. I expect better when it is broken in. The ability to control so many vehicle functions by voice is amazing and the Acura navigation system (reputedly the best on the planet) even knows its way around the back woods of South Carolina!
Favorite Features
Love the navigation, sound system and voice control over almost everything. The ability to memorize seating, mirrors, steering wheel and other settings for two drivers makes it makes it easy to share the MDX with another driver. And the seats are confortable enough to keep my legs from cramping on long trips!
Suggested Improvements
Considering how wide this car is, Acura may want to add the automatic folding side mirrors that are appearing on other SUVs.