Heated Seats
By janetrich on
2011 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 6A)
I purchased the 2011 MDX in August and simply love the SUV. I have always owned a Honda and wanted to own the luxury line of Acura. I love the car but since I drove it out of the dealership I have had problems with the drivers side heated seat (back rest). It feels like it is always on. I have taken it back to the dealers and they ran tests on it but insist that it is fine. But my back always sweats. They will not do anything about it but have told me that other people have brought in their MDX saying the same thing, that the back of the seat feels like it is always heated. Does anyone else have this problem? Maybe if enough people complain they will issue a recall.
By reggie16
on 01/23/12 14:20 PM (PST)

I am having same issue with my 2011 Acura MDX ....anyone know how can be fixed? Dealer says nothing wrong !!!

By mmr183
on 10/02/11 10:03 AM (PDT)

Congrats on your new MDX. We purchased one recently and love ours too. You ask for input from others on the heated seat issue. In our 2011 Tech package vehicle, (in service since about May 2011) we've had no such problem so far. Must be frustratiing trying to get this pin pointed for correction. A thought that not all dealers are created equal when it comes to service team able to run things down. If you have another dealer within driving distance, you might give them a shot at finding the root of the problem?

By solsl
on 09/13/12 19:14 PM (PDT)

Same exact problem! Love the car, but its extremely annoying. Anyone has any suggestions? Is there a fuse I can pull out? Driving me bonkers :(

By fmd2356
on 10/19/11 19:53 PM (PDT)

I purchsed an MDX 2011 in May (Tech) and love it. But I noticed around August that my front seats turn on once in a while. I took it in the dealership and was told nothing was wrong. But of course I have no way to prove it. Everytime it came on I was not conveniently around the dealer and I have places to be at. In any case I dealt with it since the heat will dissipate once I turn the swith to lo then hi then off. Two weeks ago we drove to Vegas from Phoenix. The first time we drove the car long distance. It was night time and about an hour and a half in the drive I felt heat coming from the driver seat (no problems at all with the passenger seat). It got too warm to where I needed to place a pillow behind me to be able to drive the rest of the way. It was on for probably an hour or so. Thank goodness it went away after we stopped for gas. Same thing happened from our drive from Vegas to Cali and Cali to Phoenix last weekend. My poor husband had to drive 12 hours total with a heated seat (the heat was unwantedly on most of the time), not fun. So I took it in to the dealer this morning and nothing. I asked if they test drove it and they said yes for about 15 minutes. I think they need to drive it longer... so frustrating!!!!!!!!!!! Hubby will talk to dealer tomorrow and see. At this point I'd rather not have the heated option rather than having it come on when not wanted. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with the same issue.