Don't get Nav - waste of money
By whomiam1 on
2011 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 6A)
I purchased a 2011 MDX earlier this year and got the tech package in order to have built in navigation. I love my old Garmin and wouldn' travel without navigation again. Unfortunately after purchasing it I found it to be so outdated and inaccurate that it is nearly useless. I have to install my Garmin anyway. I later learned that Acura uses a system made by a little company that has no credibility. WHY! You would think that with Acura's reputation on line they would look for a REAL nav system from one of the major producers. I just hope i can prevent others from making the same mistake. PS: if your thinking of getting a Lexus instead their system is apparently even worse.
Suggested Improvements
Stop trying to fool customers. the nav system is a hoax.
By bostonaccord
on 08/26/12 11:58 AM (PDT)

Where is this guy coming from? Acura has THE BEST nav system in the market!

By gdh12
on 03/03/12 11:58 AM (PST)

I'm not sure where this reviewer is coming from but the comments on the nav system are way off base. The nav system in the 2010 and later MDX is an excellent hard drive based system - easily the most impressive nav system I have used - and I too have a Garmin for comparison. Love the control knob and voice activation works very well with this system. This review should be ignored - check it out for yourself.

By jack1973
on 09/22/12 10:16 AM (PDT)

I agree with the review, the Nav is not good. If you believe Acura has the best Nav on the market you must not have used many others. The system is horrible and not user friendly. I have a 3 Series with Nav and a 2012 Touareg and the systems are far superior.

By philipjc
on 06/25/13 19:45 PM (PDT)

I have a 2011 MDX. Everything runs fine except the navigation. I carry a Garmin in the MDX for those times when the MDX cannot find a location. For instance, it still cannot find my street, but the Garmin can. The search in the MDX is archaic. When I search for a location it will give me results all over the country, then you have to sort by nearest location. Usually it is wrong. On the Garmin your results come in closest to your current location. I could go on and on,but unless you have used a Garmin you will not realize now dumb the MDX system is. And please, the voice activation is useless. Unless you speak the preprogramed phrases you will just waste your time. I never use it, it is so frustrating. Other than the Nav system the MDX is a excellent vehicle. Oh by the way, on my Garmin it features lifetime map updates, usually every year and traffic. You have to pay for a update on a MDX and you pay extra of traffic.