Used 2011 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Acura MDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

Solid Choice, very good vehicle
By pjc123

2011 Acura MDX Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

We have owned the MDX Tech for 4.5 months and 5,300 miles. Overall, we are really happy with the vehicle. It is good looking, fun to drive and perfect for our family of 4 to go camping and on vacations. The gas mileage has been slightly over 18 combined which is fine by me. The only suggestions for improvement would be the transmission and stereo. Granted, we were "spoiled" with an Audi but... the MDX is smooth shifting but sometimes you have to coax it to the proper gear especially when it is loaded up. The ELS surround sound is just adequate but NOTHING like the Bose in an Audi. All that said, I know the Acura will be MUCH more reliable than the Audi. I also own a 2006 TL.

Looks, fun to drive, powerful engine, decent mileage.

Transmission sometimes needs to be coaxed to the appropriate gear. It does shift smoothly though. The stereo has almost no mid range and is just adequate....wish there was an upgrade option.

Best 7 Seater Luxury SUV
By ploftis

2011 Acura MDX Technology and Entertainment Packages 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

We've had the MDX for about 2000 miles now and absolutely love it. It's extremely comfortable and has a very smooth ride which is balanced with excellent handling for something so large. Power is always there, but shines with highway passing which is exceptional Looks beautiful inside and out and has the most comforable interior I've even been in. The controls take some getting used to but once you do that, the technology is excellent.

Power, looks, interior finish, interior room, nice ride, nice handling, great technology.

Fuel economy. Add horizontal driver and passenger interior door handles (only has angled one's which I am not used to). Allow rear speakers to be on with the front source even when rear passengers are watching a movie. Include roof rails for free, charging >$500 for something that should be standard is wrong.

Not my Old MDX
By richtn1

2011 Acura MDX Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

After 3 months My 2011 MDX is now on a Used car lot. I owned a 2005 MDX that I loved! It rode great, was reliable and got decent gas miliage. The new version is nothing like that. It rides like a Dump Truck, guzzles gas and is like being in a torture chamber. Seats are hard, controls are annoying and confusing. To top that, the dealership was awful. I purchased my previous MDX from Crown Accira of Richmond and it was a fun experience, This time ,the sales person was texting on my test drives and most of the time acted like she was doing me a favor taking me out. The manager was eating chicken on a console right as you walk into the dealership. It was a real side show. Horrible!

I can't think of anything I liked.

Weak climate control system, harsh ride, stiff seats, too much road noise. Keyless ignition should be standard.

WOW!!!
By becca00

2011 Acura MDX Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

This is my second Acura (first was a 2010 TL Tech). I fell in love with Acura after my first one, this one is even better. I came out of a 2007 Suburban into the TL. Great for me but my kids (boys, 16 & 12) didn't have as much room as they would have liked in the back seat. So.. traded it for the MDX. This is, by far, the BEST SUV in it's class. I wake up everyday and cannot WAIT to drive it! Somewhere, anywhere, I don't care as long as I'm driving. I live on a curvy, hilly road and this car handles like a sports car (I have a MINI S too, so I know). Handling, braking, steering, interior, exterior- all perfect. Only one thing... just a LITTLE too much road noise. Still the best!!!

SHAWD, stereo(best ever), nav system(NOBODY has had a great nav system til you've had an Acura nav. My sis has a Mercedes in the same class SUV and that's the WORST nav I've ever seen! Even SHE hates it!) Added the upgraded wheels/tires, oval running boards(I think the source of the road noise) and luggage rack(was a must for me because we travel alot). These things totally changed the look of the MDX. Even sportier looking. I love it!

Maybe do some checking into the road noise issue. Would be nice if the ipod hookup worked with the ipod touch(I have to use my old ipod). Please... get rid of the loud B E E P when I open and close the liftgate. That's really annoying.

Simply Awesome
By tolson37

2011 Acura MDX Technology and Entertainment Packages 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Very nice package - I've had about 30 different new cars and trucks over the years and this is a package that has sport, utility, technology, comfort, reliability, and safety all wrapped into a single package. I have 2500 miles on my 2011 Tech with Entertainment system. Not one thing has gone wrong. Enjoy every ride / trip in it. Plenty of power and nice powerband with 6 speed transmission.

Technology Package Rear Entertainment System Acceleration and Transmission - smooth as silk Stability on Road - has wider track than all SUV's SH-AWD - Super Handling All Wheel Drive- Awesome Seating for 7 - 3 rows of seats Navigation System is Awesome Stereo is awesome - Hard Drive, Stream Blue Tooth

Remote Start