2011 Acura MDX Consumer Review: 2011 Acura MDX

2011 Acura MDX SUV - Consumer Review

2011 Acura MDX
By jack1973 on

2011 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I had this vehicle for 18 months and recently traded it in due to a couple reasons. - on a combination of city and highway driving I was avg'ing 16 mpg. I understand its an SUV but find this number unacceptable. - The interior in this vehicle is horrrible. Not only is the design bad but the leather is cheap and showed massive wear with only 10,000 miles on the vehicle. The dash is covered in fake wood and there were many rattles in the car. The ride is extremely hard and road noise is prominent. Exterior is really nice but the interior and gas mileage really started to weigh on me. I guess thats what you get when you try to make a Honda a luxury car.

Favorite Features

Exterior styling

Suggested Improvements

Interior quality, Gas mileage, Road Noise
By student4life
on 01/17/13 06:57 AM (PST)

To be fair, the Leather seats wearing prematurely and the unacceptable gas mileage are two things that would be very difficult to determine based on an average test drive, or even a prolonged one, as the vehicle isnt broken in and gas mileage is supposed to improve after such a point. Bit I agree completely, if he didnt like the interior, road noise or ride harshness (even a 20 min test drive would identify these shortfalls) then why purchase it in the first place?