Used 2011 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Acura MDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

MDX
By babydo

2011 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I totally love my MDX, awswome suv. I feel very classy when i drive it...MY family and I are very happy with it.

Every feature inside is my favorite.

Aggressive styling, great value & a blast to drive
By gdh12

2011 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Unlike any other vehicle we have owned, after 16 months and 30k miles, I still get excited at every opportunity to drive our MDX. I love the unique, aggressive styling and, after driving large SUVs for many years, the sports car feel and performance of the MDX makes it a blast to drive. The interior is roomy, high quality and very comfortable. Second row seats are comparable to front seats - very comfortable for adults or children. The technology and entertainment packages are outstanding - best nav and DVD systems I have seen. Voice activation features work great. We average about 16 mpg in mostly city driving, but get 20-21 on freeway trips, better at lower highway speeds.

Super-handling AWD, voice-activated nav system with real-time traffic and weather, entertainment package, performance and handling, comfort. iPod integration and song by voice is awesome as is Bluetooth functionality. Stereo is excellent. Fold flat third row adds versatility and is perfect for hauling our children's friends. My wife really appreciates the power open/close rear hatch - especially when carrying our 2-year old. Love the unique styling and the fact it is not another Tahoe or Lexus RX on the road. Smooth powertrain. Fun-to-drivedness! And, can tow our ATVs.

Should have keyless ignition.

Disappointed about my dream car!
By maxbailey

2011 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I have been waiting nearly 7 years to buy an MDX. I purchased my vehicle just over 6 months ago. I love it...it is beautiful! However, it has left me stranded several times and the technicians at Acura are stumped. A message keeps appearing..."check starter system." Acura has had my vehicle on several occasions now. They replaced the computer system and thought the problem was solved. However, this morning after the vehicle sat in my garage for 3 days, I got in the vehicle and the XM radio stations were all reset to the preview channel, my #1 driver memory was gone and the a/c was on max. I never leave the a/c or heat on when I shut off the vehicle. Tonight the vehicle won't start:-(

Exterior is beautiful! If feels sporty even though it's an SUV.

I'm so disappointed that my beautiful Acura is not reliable!

Good Value
By mvarga

2011 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Advance Package (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I have had the 2011 Acura MDX w/Advance Package for about six months now, and I somewhat regret my decision to buy an Acura. While the ventilated seats and blind spot assist are great, the interior quality is lacking. For a car that costs over $50,000, I would expect a lot less plastic and authentic wood trim. If you are looking to buy a seven passenger midsize SUV, I would also consider the Lexus GX460 or the Audi Q7 because both of those vehicles have interiors that are far superior to that of the MDX's. Overall, I think that you get a lot for a cheap price. I would definitely recommend the Advance Package because it has many useful features.

I like the Blind spot assist and the heated/ventilated seats. The navigation system is confusing at first, but it is quite easy to operate after you get use to it. It gets good MPG's and it handles more like a car than a SUV.

I think that having a higher quality interior with authentic wood trim would make this a much better vehicle. Also, the second and third rows don't have that much legroom.

Don't get Nav - waste of money
By whomiam1

2011 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a 2011 MDX earlier this year and got the tech package in order to have built in navigation. I love my old Garmin and wouldn' travel without navigation again. Unfortunately after purchasing it I found it to be so outdated and inaccurate that it is nearly useless. I have to install my Garmin anyway. I later learned that Acura uses a system made by a little company that has no credibility. WHY! You would think that with Acura's reputation on line they would look for a REAL nav system from one of the major producers. I just hope i can prevent others from making the same mistake. PS: if your thinking of getting a Lexus instead their system is apparently even worse.

Stop trying to fool customers. the nav system is a hoax.