2011 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews 2

2011 Acura MDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:
A nice upgrade from the Pilot
By tornadog on 11/11/11 08:13 AM (PST)

2011 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

The MDX is a perfect marriage of a sturdy, well designed SUV witht e comforts and handling of a car. The interior is very nicely designed, the tech gadgets in the car is a treat to use. The rid eis super comfortable and while the mileage is a hog, it is still better than my 2010 Pilot.

Great choice for nexus of features / function / value
By mmr183 on 10/02/11 13:38 PM (PDT)

2011 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Delighted with driving performance and comfort in our MDX. Owner profile can help, so share we are 55-plus couple and retired. Key factors for us in vehicle purchase are safety, comfort, cargo space, driving ease and reliability. Considered Volvo XC90. Lexus Rx & GX, BMW x3 & x5. Nutshell version is we didnít think any measured up against MDX for nexus of features / function / value. Small snafu in our MDX has been the voice recognition system doesn't always translate some female voice commands correctly. We like the seemingly controversial grille / front end design. Looks sleek to us. Beauty in the eye of the beholder we guess. Love the look of the Bronze / Parchment combo.

Heated Seats
By janetrich on 09/28/11 06:02 AM (PDT)

2011 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased the 2011 MDX in August and simply love the SUV. I have always owned a Honda and wanted to own the luxury line of Acura. I love the car but since I drove it out of the dealership I have had problems with the drivers side heated seat (back rest). It feels like it is always on. I have taken it back to the dealers and they ran tests on it but insist that it is fine. But my back always sweats. They will not do anything about it but have told me that other people have brought in their MDX saying the same thing, that the back of the seat feels like it is always heated. Does anyone else have this problem? Maybe if enough people complain they will issue a recall.

Best value
By kris2 on 09/01/11 19:46 PM (PDT)

2011 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Needed a sooner than expected replacement after my 2005 X5 3.0 got totalled. After looking at 2012 X5, 2011 Q7 and 2011 MDX I ended up purchasing the MDX and I am not disappointed. In terms of performance I did not feel it a lot different than the X5. Torque felt low but there is enough power when you need and the brakes feel good. Been getting 17 mpg in mixed driving with 60-70% city using premium. Kids like the third row though the access is difficult like all third row SUVs. Seats are comfortable and provide support. You will get used to the power tailgate and backup camera in no time. Got the roof rails (should have been standard) so it looks like an SUV and I like the look.

Solid Choice, very good vehicle
By pjc123 on 08/16/11 15:07 PM (PDT)

2011 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

We have owned the MDX Tech for 4.5 months and 5,300 miles. Overall, we are really happy with the vehicle. It is good looking, fun to drive and perfect for our family of 4 to go camping and on vacations. The gas mileage has been slightly over 18 combined which is fine by me. The only suggestions for improvement would be the transmission and stereo. Granted, we were "spoiled" with an Audi but... the MDX is smooth shifting but sometimes you have to coax it to the proper gear especially when it is loaded up. The ELS surround sound is just adequate but NOTHING like the Bose in an Audi. All that said, I know the Acura will be MUCH more reliable than the Audi. I also own a 2006 TL.

Best 7 Seater Luxury SUV
By ploftis on 08/02/11 10:32 AM (PDT)

2011 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

We've had the MDX for about 2000 miles now and absolutely love it. It's extremely comfortable and has a very smooth ride which is balanced with excellent handling for something so large. Power is always there, but shines with highway passing which is exceptional Looks beautiful inside and out and has the most comforable interior I've even been in. The controls take some getting used to but once you do that, the technology is excellent.

Not my Old MDX
By richtn1 on 07/20/11 11:15 AM (PDT)

2011 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

After 3 months My 2011 MDX is now on a Used car lot. I owned a 2005 MDX that I loved! It rode great, was reliable and got decent gas miliage. The new version is nothing like that. It rides like a Dump Truck, guzzles gas and is like being in a torture chamber. Seats are hard, controls are annoying and confusing. To top that, the dealership was awful. I purchased my previous MDX from Crown Accira of Richmond and it was a fun experience, This time ,the sales person was texting on my test drives and most of the time acted like she was doing me a favor taking me out. The manager was eating chicken on a console right as you walk into the dealership. It was a real side show. Horrible!

WOW!!!
By becca00 on 05/11/11 07:46 AM (PDT)

2011 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

This is my second Acura (first was a 2010 TL Tech). I fell in love with Acura after my first one, this one is even better. I came out of a 2007 Suburban into the TL. Great for me but my kids (boys, 16 & 12) didn't have as much room as they would have liked in the back seat. So.. traded it for the MDX. This is, by far, the BEST SUV in it's class. I wake up everyday and cannot WAIT to drive it! Somewhere, anywhere, I don't care as long as I'm driving. I live on a curvy, hilly road and this car handles like a sports car (I have a MINI S too, so I know). Handling, braking, steering, interior, exterior- all perfect. Only one thing... just a LITTLE too much road noise. Still the best!!!

Simply Awesome
By tolson37 on 05/03/11 21:58 PM (PDT)

2011 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Very nice package - I've had about 30 different new cars and trucks over the years and this is a package that has sport, utility, technology, comfort, reliability, and safety all wrapped into a single package. I have 2500 miles on my 2011 Tech with Entertainment system. Not one thing has gone wrong. Enjoy every ride / trip in it. Plenty of power and nice powerband with 6 speed transmission.

MDX quality and reliability
By xfbai on 04/29/11 19:27 PM (PDT)

2011 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Was so happy after bought a 2011 MDX Base model on Saturday, however discovered a problem the very next day that it would jerk when decelerating from 35~40MPH to around 15MPH without breaking. The jerk is 100% reproducible and getting worse and worse. Brought back to dealer twice and finally convinced them it is problem that need to be fixed. Eventually they figured out that a secondary valve on the transmission is faulty! How could this happen on a brand new car? After replacing $200+ part, the problem is fixed. My new car has to stay in the shop for 3 days in the very first week. Really worry about the build quality. It will be my last and final MDX.