2011 Acura MDX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:
Good - with minor complaints
By bgf18 on 12/10/12 17:48 PM (PST)

2011 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

2011 MDX - Tech Package. Decided to buy out our 2011 MDX lease...my wife loves it that much. This car is very comfortable on the road as it is reasonably quiet and seats have excellent support. Visisibility is good for an SUV. Room for luggage is minimal with all three rows being used, very good when only two rows. The SH-AWD works really well, but I would GLADLY give it up for a front-wheel drive version if GAS MILAGE would improve. Fit and finish is good, although I could live without the three square feet of PLASTIC wood on the dash. For a family of three, this is the perfect SUV. Fam of four would be ok, five would be tight. More than five is pointless unless going on short drives.

2011 Acura MDX
By jack1973 on 09/19/12 07:37 AM (PDT)

2011 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I had this vehicle for 18 months and recently traded it in due to a couple reasons. - on a combination of city and highway driving I was avg'ing 16 mpg. I understand its an SUV but find this number unacceptable. - The interior in this vehicle is horrrible. Not only is the design bad but the leather is cheap and showed massive wear with only 10,000 miles on the vehicle. The dash is covered in fake wood and there were many rattles in the car. The ride is extremely hard and road noise is prominent. Exterior is really nice but the interior and gas mileage really started to weigh on me. I guess thats what you get when you try to make a Honda a luxury car.

Not a luxury car
By sinew23 on 08/29/12 11:13 AM (PDT)

2011 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Advance Package (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I leased this car last year because it had the lots of leg room and cargo space and overall seem like a good choice. Unfortunately after driving it for a year, I've been disappointed numerous times by the way Acura cut corners to save a buck. It just doesn't feel like a luxury car. It basically feels like a Honda. This car is not nearly worth the $50K price tag it touts. To add insult to injury, the sales team at the dealership was horrible. Do not buy your Acura from Hendrick Acura!!! I'm so disappointed by this car and the service that I'm in the process of transferring my lease. I just can't drive or pay for this car any longer.

Not worth the hype..
By bala_71 on 08/12/12 07:07 AM (PDT)

2011 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

First of all, I am surprised that why I am alone in finding lots of minute problems with this SUV. Are people insanely happy about owning a poorly designed SUV? These are not 20K Civics. Having said that, I am not going to argue that this should drive like a Ferrari or Aston Martin. But come on! With in the last 11 months, I had to visit the dealer for vibration issues many times. One issue they fixed by adjusting the suspension system. But now I have a vibration in steering wheel at above 70 mph. The dealer convinced me that that's how these cars drive. I think its due to the factory installed tires. But they won't accept it! I now have a vibration coming from the roof-top too!

Another quality Acura product
By jrm1955 on 06/19/12 05:37 AM (PDT)

2011 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Advance, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

This is one of many Acuras I have owned over the past 20 years and I could not be happier with this vehicle. It is roomy, comfortable and provides a level of performance that I was not expecting from a large SUV. The adjustable suspension has proven useful by giving the choice of a comfortable ride or sportier handling. Gas mileage is par for the course in this market segment. Resale value is also strong which was another factor in my choosing this vehicle. Love the sound of that big V6 too when you pull out to pass. Much more entertaining than a Lexus RX350 to drive.

MDX
By babydo on 04/04/12 21:27 PM (PDT)

2011 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I totally love my MDX, awswome suv. I feel very classy when i drive it...MY family and I are very happy with it.

Aggressive styling, great value & a blast to drive
By gdh12 on 03/03/12 07:51 AM (PST)

2011 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Unlike any other vehicle we have owned, after 16 months and 30k miles, I still get excited at every opportunity to drive our MDX. I love the unique, aggressive styling and, after driving large SUVs for many years, the sports car feel and performance of the MDX makes it a blast to drive. The interior is roomy, high quality and very comfortable. Second row seats are comparable to front seats - very comfortable for adults or children. The technology and entertainment packages are outstanding - best nav and DVD systems I have seen. Voice activation features work great. We average about 16 mpg in mostly city driving, but get 20-21 on freeway trips, better at lower highway speeds.

Disappointed about my dream car!
By maxbailey on 12/27/11 16:40 PM (PST)

2011 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I have been waiting nearly 7 years to buy an MDX. I purchased my vehicle just over 6 months ago. I love it...it is beautiful! However, it has left me stranded several times and the technicians at Acura are stumped. A message keeps appearing..."check starter system." Acura has had my vehicle on several occasions now. They replaced the computer system and thought the problem was solved. However, this morning after the vehicle sat in my garage for 3 days, I got in the vehicle and the XM radio stations were all reset to the preview channel, my #1 driver memory was gone and the a/c was on max. I never leave the a/c or heat on when I shut off the vehicle. Tonight the vehicle won't start:-(

Good Value
By mvarga on 12/03/11 20:44 PM (PST)

2011 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Advance Package (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I have had the 2011 Acura MDX w/Advance Package for about six months now, and I somewhat regret my decision to buy an Acura. While the ventilated seats and blind spot assist are great, the interior quality is lacking. For a car that costs over $50,000, I would expect a lot less plastic and authentic wood trim. If you are looking to buy a seven passenger midsize SUV, I would also consider the Lexus GX460 or the Audi Q7 because both of those vehicles have interiors that are far superior to that of the MDX's. Overall, I think that you get a lot for a cheap price. I would definitely recommend the Advance Package because it has many useful features.

Don't get Nav - waste of money
By whomiam1 on 11/14/11 06:57 AM (PST)

I purchased a 2011 MDX earlier this year and got the tech package in order to have built in navigation. I love my old Garmin and wouldn' travel without navigation again. Unfortunately after purchasing it I found it to be so outdated and inaccurate that it is nearly useless. I have to install my Garmin anyway. I later learned that Acura uses a system made by a little company that has no credibility. WHY! You would think that with Acura's reputation on line they would look for a REAL nav system from one of the major producers. I just hope i can prevent others from making the same mistake. PS: if your thinking of getting a Lexus instead their system is apparently even worse.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Acura MDX Suv in VA is:

$116 per month*