2010 Acura MDX Consumer Review: MDX torque converter failures

2010 Acura MDX SUV - Consumer Review

MDX torque converter failures
By curious52 on

2010 Acura MDX Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

There are many, many MDX owners out there who have experienced torque converter failures over the years from 2002 up to 2010. For newer models there has JUST been a recall, within the last month. New software needs to be installed by the dealer. Be sure to ask if this recall applies to your car. My TC was replaced two months ago in my 2010 vehicle. I find it interesting that only now has Acura accepted the fact that a general problem has existed across many years of the MDX production. This damages my long-time positive feelings about Acura automobiles.
By carollyn
on 05/27/12 20:07 PM (PDT)

We just had the same issues with our 2010. It had less than 30K when ours needed the torque converter. I find it ridiculous. We're trading ours in while we can still get a decent trade in. If it's having these types of problems at less than 35K miles, what's going to happen at 100K. I don't want to stick around to find out!!