2010 Acura MDX 3.7L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic w/Technology, Entertainment Package Consumer Review - Not Impressed

2010 Acura MDX - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (3.7L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic w/Technology, Entertainment Package)

Not Impressed
By jccai1 on

2010 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Replaced a Volvo XC90 with the MDX in 2010. We were sold mostly on interior space, price (model year end) and perceived reliability. Two years later, I have to say I'm not impressed. The car is just a chore to drive. The engine has very little low end torque. The ride is busy and floaty at the same time. The steering is loose and vague on center. A lot of road noise makes it into the cabin. And the transmission has slow and sloppy shifts, even after the software upgrade. After reading the horror stories about failed torque converters, now I'm really worried. Since it's the new 6-speed, I had thought Honda had fixed their transmission issues. I guess I was wrong!

Favorite Features

Rear DVD system is well integrated. Power rear hatch. Power steering column. Bluetooth handsfree and streaming. Ability to roll down all windows remotely to vent out a hot car. Backup camera. MP3 on hard drive and via USB port. 5.1 surround sound. Second row leg and shoulder room. Heated rear seats and separate climate control.

Suggested Improvements

Re-tune the suspension to button down the car. Tighten the steering. More sound insulation. Trade some high end horsepower for more low end torque. Ventilated front seats. A more reliable transmission! Keyless entry and ignition!