A little disappointed
By mark3840 on
2010 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 6A)
This is my wife's car although I drive it often. I'm not a huge fan of the MDX. It suited our needs and was a good value compared to other luxury CUV's. Way too many buttons and very confusing to navigate the controls and nav system. Voice commands are useless - even difficult to make a simple phone call. (In the Genesis you just push 1 button and say, "dial home," for example.) Nav & stereo, although rated high, doesn't even belong in the same league as the Genesis. Seams are not tight. Quite a bit of noise for a lux CUV. Good power and ride as well as fairly comfortable. I like it overall but I hope Hyundai comes out with a luxury CUV soon, because it will blow away Acura.
Favorite Features
DVD is really good. Rides and handles well. Good power for a V6. Luxury dealer service.
Suggested Improvements
Some seams have almost a half inch gap in them! Luxury means the vehicle needs to be quite!! The MDX is not quite! Get rid of all of the buttons. We have the DVD package, which does makes it worse. Why should I have to push 2 buttons to make a phone call. Name recognition for dialing someone doesn't work well. Sorry I keep praising my Genesis but the nav, voice commands and stereo are just outstanding - and it annoys me that Acura keeps bragging about their system when it's not even in the same league. Acura is falling way behind other luxury manufacturers in my opinion. Needs auto dim exterior mirrors. Rear camera is hard to judge and simple rain dirties it up too easily.