Used 2010 Acura MDX SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Acura Mdx - Consumer Reviews

2010 Acura MDX SUV

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

Torque converter issue
By curious52

2010 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

There is some concern about torque converters in older MDX vehicles, but now this goes forward to the 2010 model. At about 35,000 miles, my vehciles began to hesitate and shudder when it was necessary for the transmission to change gears. I read some Twitter reports which gave me reason to take my car to the dealer. They road tested the car and agreed the torque converter needed to be replaced, covered by the warrenty. They also told me they had replaced converters on four other 2010 MDX vehicles. The job takes about two days as the transmission must be lowered to replace the part. There is noticable difference now. My dealer was excellent in how they handled the matter.

Suggested Improvements

Acura loves gadgets, but they might ask what consumers want. Their lack of response to this is now amusing.

The Best SUV Period!
By tp12string

2010 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

After much research and test drives I selected the MDX. I test drove the X5, Q7, and Grand Cherokee as well as the Mazda CX9 and others. The MDX was overall the better choice....and less expensive than many of the others. After owning it for almost a year and 30K miles I can say that it has met and exceeded my expectations. It is very comfortable; the technology is easy to use and intuitive; the navigation is the best I've seen anywhere. If you are considering an SUV, do yourself a big favor and test drive the MDX. Best vehicle I've ever owned, and I've owned many new cars over the years.

Favorite Features

Handling, power, comfortable seats, best navigation, easy to use technology.

Suggested Improvements

Keyless entry like it's competitors, cooled seats, panoramic sunroof, 115 V power outlet, better gas mileage.

don't expect to carry anything heavy
By saturnoutlook

2010 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Love this car, but unlike other SUV's I've owned this one is more car than truck. On several occasions I have hauled cargo that the car should have been able to easily handle, approximately 300 - 400 lbs. However, that was not the case, both times the car wondered all over the road, behaving like it was overaloded, definately not what I expected.

Transmission Cycling will cause performance delays
By er405

2010 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I traded my new 2010 MDX after months of working with Acura Client Services and the Dealer. The MDX's progressive transmission, in my opinion, is poorly designed. Although, the driver is pressing the gas pedal, the MDX will have long delays during gear cycles. This could be dangerous if attempting to make a quck turn in on-coming traffic. You want to go, but the MDX moves very slowly or not at all. Second, the cabin lets in so much air that during the winter, the heat must be set to keep the cabin warm, especially at the feet. Last, the MDX looses lots of horsepower as it cycles through the gears. A sluggish ride at best. For the money, find something else.

Favorite Features

The seat are soft and nice.

Suggested Improvements

The mix between fuel and performance is a miss. The cycle timing of the transmission is wrong. It needs to be redesigned. The dealr does have the equipment to make changes to the on-board computer.

Overall satisfied but plenty of room for improvement !!!
By yar7

2010 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

After having a bad experience with the dealer who insisted & put a different remote starter because of supposedly Acura's is not reliable and dealing with Acura headquarters who were not responsive to our complaints, I am now content with my 2010 MDX ,7,500 miles on it. There is room for improvement in terms of gas mileage, noise reduction and quality of interior materials.

Favorite Features

Audio surround Sound system is the best feature I like. 15GB hard disk drive media storage(HD)which can store all your music without the need for changing CD's. Road handling is superb. Navigation system is very good.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage, noise reduction, heating system for the legs in the winter is inadequate ( the feet gets cold in the winter)