Used 2010 Acura MDX Base SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Acura MDX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

My mom drives a sports car
By buddyguy

2010 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

My mom bought a 2010 MDX used that I drive occasionally. At first I didn't like it, but once I drove it alone and realized how fast this car is, I dig it! The v6 sounds awesome under heavy throttle and the car takes off! The SH-AWD is great in the snow, and the car handles like a dream. Stereo sounds great. Leather seats are very comfortable. Sport mode with the paddle shifters is a lot of fun, almost like a real manual. Now for the not-so-good.. We had to have a new transmission put in at 25k miles. Acura did it for free, but just be warned.after they fixed it we love the car!

Sport mode/paddle shifters, seat heat, backup camera, good mpg, leather, Sirius radio/nice stereo, AWD, 300hp v6, engine sound, bright headlights

3rd row seat is very tight, exhaust does not sound good at idle, no roof rack

MDX transmission issues
By carollyn

2010 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

My husband and I have a 2010 MDX and it's been in the service dept almost 5 times with serious issues. two of those being transmission problems. It had to have a torque converter with less than 30K miles. It recently needed another tranny software update. Steering and axle issues......Wow. For 50K purchase, we shouldn't have these problems!!! I feel like we need to get RID of this car while it still has a decent resale value. DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT!! BUY ONE OF THESE CARS! It's been nothing but a headache for us. We are trading it in tomorrow. Will never buy an acura or honda AGAIN!!! EVER!!!!

Interior.

DRIVE TRAIN!!!!!

don't expect to carry anything heavy
By saturnoutlook

2010 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Love this car, but unlike other SUV's I've owned this one is more car than truck. On several occasions I have hauled cargo that the car should have been able to easily handle, approximately 300 - 400 lbs. However, that was not the case, both times the car wondered all over the road, behaving like it was overaloded, definately not what I expected.

Transmission Cycling will cause performance delays
By er405

2010 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I traded my new 2010 MDX after months of working with Acura Client Services and the Dealer. The MDX's progressive transmission, in my opinion, is poorly designed. Although, the driver is pressing the gas pedal, the MDX will have long delays during gear cycles. This could be dangerous if attempting to make a quck turn in on-coming traffic. You want to go, but the MDX moves very slowly or not at all. Second, the cabin lets in so much air that during the winter, the heat must be set to keep the cabin warm, especially at the feet. Last, the MDX looses lots of horsepower as it cycles through the gears. A sluggish ride at best. For the money, find something else.

The seat are soft and nice.

The mix between fuel and performance is a miss. The cycle timing of the transmission is wrong. It needs to be redesigned. The dealr does have the equipment to make changes to the on-board computer.

The Sports Sedan of mid-size SUVs
By SJ

2010 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Traded in a 2005 Honda Pilot. The Pilot's acceleration, cornering, and braking can't compare to the MDX. I have it out on the twisty roads of the Sierra Nevada. It feels like a decent sports sedan, not an SUV. The interior ambience if the MDX is way more luxurious than the Pilot. Another huge difference is road noise. There is very little road noise in the MDX. Gas mileage is disappointing. At 8,000 miles on the odometer, I am still not hitting the EPA highway mileage on longer trips. So far it is has not had a single reliability issue. If is is as reliable as my previous 3 Acuras, it will be a 10.

SH-AWD, Commanding Driving Position, power tilt/telescope with memory, handling and acceleration.

Push-Button Start in base model.