2010 Acura MDX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:
My mom drives a sports car
By buddyguy on 02/28/14 07:11 AM (PST)

2010 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

My mom bought a 2010 MDX used that I drive occasionally. At first I didn't like it, but once I drove it alone and realized how fast this car is, I dig it! The v6 sounds awesome under heavy throttle and the car takes off! The SH-AWD is great in the snow, and the car handles like a dream. Stereo sounds great. Leather seats are very comfortable. Sport mode with the paddle shifters is a lot of fun, almost like a real manual. Now for the not-so-good.. We had to have a new transmission put in at 25k miles. Acura did it for free, but just be warned.after they fixed it we love the car!

MDX transmission issues
By carollyn on 05/27/12 20:04 PM (PDT)

2010 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

My husband and I have a 2010 MDX and it's been in the service dept almost 5 times with serious issues. two of those being transmission problems. It had to have a torque converter with less than 30K miles. It recently needed another tranny software update. Steering and axle issues......Wow. For 50K purchase, we shouldn't have these problems!!! I feel like we need to get RID of this car while it still has a decent resale value. DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT!! BUY ONE OF THESE CARS! It's been nothing but a headache for us. We are trading it in tomorrow. Will never buy an acura or honda AGAIN!!! EVER!!!!

don't expect to carry anything heavy
By saturnoutlook on 06/01/11 10:05 AM (PDT)

2010 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Love this car, but unlike other SUV's I've owned this one is more car than truck. On several occasions I have hauled cargo that the car should have been able to easily handle, approximately 300 - 400 lbs. However, that was not the case, both times the car wondered all over the road, behaving like it was overaloded, definately not what I expected.

Transmission Cycling will cause performance delays
By er405 on 02/24/11 10:46 AM (PST)

2010 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I traded my new 2010 MDX after months of working with Acura Client Services and the Dealer. The MDX's progressive transmission, in my opinion, is poorly designed. Although, the driver is pressing the gas pedal, the MDX will have long delays during gear cycles. This could be dangerous if attempting to make a quck turn in on-coming traffic. You want to go, but the MDX moves very slowly or not at all. Second, the cabin lets in so much air that during the winter, the heat must be set to keep the cabin warm, especially at the feet. Last, the MDX looses lots of horsepower as it cycles through the gears. A sluggish ride at best. For the money, find something else.

The Sports Sedan of mid-size SUVs
By SJ on 11/14/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Traded in a 2005 Honda Pilot. The Pilot's acceleration, cornering, and braking can't compare to the MDX. I have it out on the twisty roads of the Sierra Nevada. It feels like a decent sports sedan, not an SUV. The interior ambience if the MDX is way more luxurious than the Pilot. Another huge difference is road noise. There is very little road noise in the MDX. Gas mileage is disappointing. At 8,000 miles on the odometer, I am still not hitting the EPA highway mileage on longer trips. So far it is has not had a single reliability issue. If is is as reliable as my previous 3 Acuras, it will be a 10.

Good Value for the money
By Tien on 09/03/10 17:35 PM (PDT)

2010 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Owned 2003 MDX and was very pleased with the reliability. Did not want another MDX but ended up getting this one instead of the RX350 due to Value for the money. RX350 is actually more expensive than the MDX and does not offer 3rd row seat. Vehicle drives great so far. A couple of things. a) It required premium fuel. Wife did not know and put in plus instead. This caused the vehicle to jerk when transitioned from first to second gear. One premium fuel is used, problem went away. b) Leather seat is fairly easy to get dirty. Interior is compatible with RX350. Lexus used to has much better interior in the past but 2010 RX350 has similar leather grade as MDX 2010.

Perfect 7 seats SUV except some issues
By jrdonta on 08/11/10 15:38 PM (PDT)

2010 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

The SUV is perfect so far except the following issues 1. Car pulled the the right (dealer fixed and said it is steering not wheel alignment) 2. After dealer claimed fixing pulling to the right issue, the car still pulls to to right or left depends on different roads. 3. When I reset trip A mileage average, the trip B mileage average is reset also. 4. Accidentally, I turn of VSA then the car does not pull right or left any more ( VSA system issue? ) 5. The plastic bolt holding cooling pad under the hood are losing after 1 week.

2010 vs 2009
By brian on 07/17/10 22:21 PM (PDT)

2010 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Owned 2009 for 14 months and put on 23k was not impressed with overall quality i.e. both front Windows squealed when rolling down and wheel bearings replaced traded in for 2010 and what a difference the new 6 speeds trans is wonderful definitely glad I gave Acura another try base model purchased in libertyville il 39,500+ttl

Excellent Choice
By Antonio on 04/04/10 10:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I upgrade from a Mitsubishi Montero 2001 to the MDX 2010. The MDX handling is great and the interiors are awesome. The sporty looks is the best not a round, bulky look.

So much better than the 06 MDX
By hamish on 03/27/10 19:27 PM (PDT)

2010 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Have had my 10 base MDX for all of two days now. Biggest difference vs. the 06 MDX is that you actually look forward to driving this one! Reminds me of my 03 TLS, fun to drive, responds well, too fast for the kids to drive on their own!! Handling is very good, sticks to the road like an audi quattro, sporty handling, very little body roll for an SUV. Also very good for tall folk, my 6 ft 4 son, finds it very comfortable as both a passenger and driver.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Acura MDX Suv in NJ is:

$203 per month*