Used 2010 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews - 64 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Acura MDX - Consumer Reviews

2010 Acura MDX

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

Love it
By John McGreevy

2010 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

This Car Eats Oil
By BMart

2010 Acura MDX Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

This engine is a oil eater. I got the car used form the dealer with a fresh oil change - at 4k miles later the check engine light comes on - I check the oil and it does not even register on the dip stick. I thought OK -it was not a Acura/Honda dealer I got it from (Mercedes) so they put the wrong oil in or something. I made sure it had synthetic the next time. Same thing happens. The other problem is Acura has set the maintenance interval to 7500 miles - way to long for this oil eater. I recommend 3k miles for sure and check the oil every 1k miles. The bummer is my old cars have oil that looks fine after 5k miles but this car just chews it up. I now make sure I have quarts of synthetic available, and I went and bought a funnel to add oil to this car every 1k miles. I have to treat it like a vintage automobile.

Other than that it runs fine - it has a solid feel that reminds me of a BMW.

Transmission harness didn't even make 75K miles
By 28if

2010 Acura MDX Advance Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

In the shop again for another transmission non warranty covered issue. This time the "D" indicator light starts blinking, no error codes. Dealer says the wiring harness between the engine and tranny needs to be replaced for $2K!!!. No the power train warranty doesn't cover this. Car has just under 75,000 miles on it. Really? The quality is so bad that basic parts can't last 75,000 miles. Putting it on Craigs list
as soon as I get it back.

Stop charging $129 to update the GPS system. A Garmin with lifetime updates costs less!

My mom drives a sports car
By buddyguy

2010 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

My mom bought a 2010 MDX used that I drive occasionally. At first I didn't like it, but once I drove it alone and realized how fast this car is, I dig it! The v6 sounds awesome under heavy throttle and the car takes off! The SH-AWD is great in the snow, and the car handles like a dream. Stereo sounds great. Leather seats are very comfortable. Sport mode with the paddle shifters is a lot of fun, almost like a real manual. Now for the not-so-good.. We had to have a new transmission put in at 25k miles. Acura did it for free, but just be warned.after they fixed it we love the car!

Sport mode/paddle shifters, seat heat, backup camera, good mpg, leather, Sirius radio/nice stereo, AWD, 300hp v6, engine sound, bright headlights

3rd row seat is very tight, exhaust does not sound good at idle, no roof rack

Not Impressed
By jccai1

2010 Acura MDX Technology and Entertainment Packages 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Replaced a Volvo XC90 with the MDX in 2010. We were sold mostly on interior space, price (model year end) and perceived reliability. Two years later, I have to say I'm not impressed.

The car is just a chore to drive. The engine has very little low end torque. The ride is busy and floaty at the same time. The steering is loose and vague on center. A lot of road noise makes it into the cabin. And the transmission has slow and sloppy shifts, even after the software upgrade. After reading the horror stories about failed torque converters, now I'm really worried. Since it's the new 6-speed, I had thought Honda had fixed their transmission issues. I guess I was wrong!

Rear DVD system is well integrated. Power rear hatch. Power steering column. Bluetooth handsfree and streaming. Ability to roll down all windows remotely to vent out a hot car. Backup camera. MP3 on hard drive and via USB port. 5.1 surround sound. Second row leg and shoulder room. Heated rear seats and separate climate control.

Re-tune the suspension to button down the car. Tighten the steering. More sound insulation. Trade some high end horsepower for more low end torque. Ventilated front seats. A more reliable transmission! Keyless entry and ignition!