Used 2010 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Acura Mdx - Consumer Reviews

2010 Acura MDX

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

Transmission harness didn't even make 75K miles
By 28if

2010 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Advance Package (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

In the shop again for another transmission non warranty covered issue. This time the "D" indicator light starts blinking, no error codes. Dealer says the wiring harness between the engine and tranny needs to be replaced for $2K!!!. No the power train warranty doesn't cover this. Car has just under 75,000 miles on it. Really? The quality is so bad that basic parts can't last 75,000 miles. Putting it on Craigs list as soon as I get it back.

Suggested Improvements

Stop charging $129 to update the GPS system. A Garmin with lifetime updates costs less!

My mom drives a sports car
By buddyguy

2010 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

My mom bought a 2010 MDX used that I drive occasionally. At first I didn't like it, but once I drove it alone and realized how fast this car is, I dig it! The v6 sounds awesome under heavy throttle and the car takes off! The SH-AWD is great in the snow, and the car handles like a dream. Stereo sounds great. Leather seats are very comfortable. Sport mode with the paddle shifters is a lot of fun, almost like a real manual. Now for the not-so-good.. We had to have a new transmission put in at 25k miles. Acura did it for free, but just be warned.after they fixed it we love the car!

Favorite Features

Sport mode/paddle shifters, seat heat, backup camera, good mpg, leather, Sirius radio/nice stereo, AWD, 300hp v6, engine sound, bright headlights

Suggested Improvements

3rd row seat is very tight, exhaust does not sound good at idle, no roof rack

Not Impressed
By jccai1

2010 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Replaced a Volvo XC90 with the MDX in 2010. We were sold mostly on interior space, price (model year end) and perceived reliability. Two years later, I have to say I'm not impressed. The car is just a chore to drive. The engine has very little low end torque. The ride is busy and floaty at the same time. The steering is loose and vague on center. A lot of road noise makes it into the cabin. And the transmission has slow and sloppy shifts, even after the software upgrade. After reading the horror stories about failed torque converters, now I'm really worried. Since it's the new 6-speed, I had thought Honda had fixed their transmission issues. I guess I was wrong!

Favorite Features

Rear DVD system is well integrated. Power rear hatch. Power steering column. Bluetooth handsfree and streaming. Ability to roll down all windows remotely to vent out a hot car. Backup camera. MP3 on hard drive and via USB port. 5.1 surround sound. Second row leg and shoulder room. Heated rear seats and separate climate control.

Suggested Improvements

Re-tune the suspension to button down the car. Tighten the steering. More sound insulation. Trade some high end horsepower for more low end torque. Ventilated front seats. A more reliable transmission! Keyless entry and ignition!

MDX transmission issues
By carollyn

2010 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

My husband and I have a 2010 MDX and it's been in the service dept almost 5 times with serious issues. two of those being transmission problems. It had to have a torque converter with less than 30K miles. It recently needed another tranny software update. Steering and axle issues......Wow. For 50K purchase, we shouldn't have these problems!!! I feel like we need to get RID of this car while it still has a decent resale value. DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT!! BUY ONE OF THESE CARS! It's been nothing but a headache for us. We are trading it in tomorrow. Will never buy an acura or honda AGAIN!!! EVER!!!!

Favorite Features

Interior.

Suggested Improvements

DRIVE TRAIN!!!!!

MDX torque converter failures
By curious52

2010 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

There are many, many MDX owners out there who have experienced torque converter failures over the years from 2002 up to 2010. For newer models there has JUST been a recall, within the last month. New software needs to be installed by the dealer. Be sure to ask if this recall applies to your car. My TC was replaced two months ago in my 2010 vehicle. I find it interesting that only now has Acura accepted the fact that a general problem has existed across many years of the MDX production. This damages my long-time positive feelings about Acura automobiles.