The Ususal Well Built Honda
By acurahappy on
2009 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)
Have owned two Honda's before the MSX, and have been happy with the reliability of both vehicles. Was looking for another SUV, but more upscale from my 94 explorer. All the other stuff out there didn't appeal to me or was too expensive. Since I have had the mdx (sept. 09) I am completely happy with my purchase. The ride is very comfortable and quiet. Has been a pleasure to drive in the city, long trips and in the mountains. The all wheel drive system makes it handle very well on turns of windy roads. My mileage in the city has averaged 18-19 mpg, and up to 25 on the hwy. Impressive for a 300 hp motor. I like the style. Don't mind the "beak" in front. It gives it its character. A lot of car for the money.
Favorite Features
Sh-awd system. Separate ac/heat/thermostat controls for the back. The ability to roll the Windows down with the remote is great on hot days when the car has been sitting closed up in the sun. Storage in back behind 3rd seat. One touch open and close on the sun roof, and with key off. Too much to list.
Suggested Improvements
Key fob/switchblade too big. Prefer push button start, or separate key like old days. Back window separate from the lift gate. Used a lot on the explorer. Did it with the pilot, and should have followed suit with the mdx. Separate compartments in the center console. Nothing major needed, all is good.