Huge mistake!
By Jessie P on
2009 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Sport, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)
Generally I buy cars based on my trust in a company. I've owned a total of 6 Honda products (including Acura - TL), and all of them have been outstanding. This vehicle is a big disappointment!!! Where do I begin? I buy Honda products (and Japanese vehicles in general) for their bulletproof reliability, but I've had numerous problems with this MDX - been to dealer 6 times! Electrical issues, and a Transmission issue, and some others....and the power/acceleration is very mediocre (300hp?? Yeah, right!), and the ENGINE is VERY NOISY and unrefined when accelerating!!! Shocking for a luxury vehicle. Terrible leather! Sound system, Nav and handling are the only good attributes of this vehicle.
Favorite Features
Navigation system is simply the best, bar none. Handles like it's on rails. ELS/Panasonic sound system is possibly the best factory system around.
Suggested Improvements
Drastically improve the Build quality and Reliability!!!! Make the engine much quieter!! (this one does not belong in a luxury vehicle). Improve interior materials quality and improve fuel economy. My other vehicle, a 1500lbs heavier Sequoia V8, gives almost the same gas mileage for crying out loud!