2009 Acura MDX Consumer Review: Best in class

2009 Acura MDX - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (3.7L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic w/Sport, Entertainment Package)

Best in class
By Buster on

2009 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Sport, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Driven my Sport/Ent MDX for 12000 miles now. The drive-ability of this SUV is impeccable. As in other reviews, I'm not sure it has 300HP, but it is enough. The smooth and quiet ride is why I bought it. Stereo is good, but not earth shattering. Nav is good, but has too many 'warning' prompts. Can program on the fly, unlike others. I really like driving at night and the headlights are great. Have had one problem with compliance bushings, but dealership is very accommodating with loaners. I don't like the key fob and think this league auto should have keyless options. Not sure about the transmission, which is designed to help you brake, is all that comfortable, but it is sporty and smooth.

Favorite Features

Handling, quietness, technology, comfort, reliability and overall value. I think this is the best vehicle in its class, especially for the price.

Suggested Improvements

Air conditioned seats, keyless ignition, MUST RELOCATE/REDESIGN ALL HEATED SEAT BUTTONS (they're too easy to mistakenly turn on), add reverse sensors as standard along with side mouldings!