2009 Acura MDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:
My 2009 MDX
By kurtkbee on 01/03/09 20:38 PM (PST)

2009 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I researched this car for over 1 year before purchasing. While I test drove the BMW X5 (3.0) and the Audi Q7 I always came back to the MDX (Tech/ent). While the other SUVs offered some minor technologies not found in the MDX, those features would have satisfied less than 1% of my needs but when they were configured with all the features of the Tech/Ent MDX the competitors were $8k-$10k more. The performance of the car is really great and even when taking a bend at a high speed it seemed to handle the road better than my coupe. The exterior design is very nice and gives the SUV and aggressive look. My wife and I love the SUV but really miss the efficiency that we once had with a sedan

Great handling SUV
By Sean on 12/15/08 13:47 PM (PST)

2009 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is one of the best handling SUVs in the market in my opinion. I test drove several other usual suspects (Lexus RX, BMW X5 etc), and MDX has a nice combination of power, handling, convenience / luxury features at a very competitive price. When you think about the balance of power, handling, value, reliability, it is hard to beat this SUV. In 2006, Car and Driver did a comparison test and MDX came out on top. Also, if you are thinking about getting an MDX for the third row seat, note that the third row seat is best used for kids or smaller adults on a shorter trip as space is very limited.

Brilliant design and execution! A joy!
By NHHawk6 on 12/07/08 03:39 AM (PST)

2009 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Sport, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Test drove everything over a three month period. Decided on the MDX because of its styling, handling, and technology. Nothing else in the segment came close. Now that I own it, I enjoy this vehicle far more than I ever imagined possible. I knew it was a great SUV, but the package in total, leaves you shaking your head at times. It is a precise vehicle, inside and out. Fit and finish is exceptional. Performance receives an A++ for a seven passenger vehicle, and it makes you want to drive the long way home everyday. The luxury, entertainment, and technology features lead you to believe you are already "home"! I recommend the Acura MDX Sports and Entertainment edition w/out hesitation!

Best of the Best
By CarNut on 12/05/08 23:59 PM (PST)

2009 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

The sales consultant showed me a competitive comparison of the MDX vs GX470, X5, XC90, etc. It said the MDX was #1 and I didn't believe it so I went and drove all the competitors and I admit I was wrong. The MDX is the best out there. Perfect blend of luxury, power safety and reliability. No buyers remorse here.

Not that empressive
By MG on 10/26/08 14:37 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Sport, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

All in all I expected much more in the power area and the sound system was a real let down and I have wind noise on driver side and the ride could be nicer I feel all the bumps one the road , right up into the steering wheel. But I have to admit it's beautiful looking. oh ya premium fuel so gas cost are terrible. It does not live up to the reviews it gets (my opinion).

Buyer's Remorse
By davidb on 10/22/08 21:11 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I've bought at least 10 cars over my life and always been 100% satisfied. For the first time I feel I made a huge mistake. I've got 1500 miles on a new MDX and I've decided to get rid of the damned thing. Engine noise reminds me of a 4 cylinder Camry, the transmission is jerky, particularly when downshifting - take your foot off the gas at 60 and the engine immediately starts dragging you down, almost like no overdrive. The front seats are exhausting if you sit in them over an hour. And the steering is way too stiff and the indentations on the wheel are spaced too far apart. I took at least 4 or 5 test drives and for the life of me I don't know how I missed these details.

The MDX is simply the Best Crossover
By Richie Rich on 08/29/08 11:09 AM (PDT)

2009 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Simply the best crossover on the road. I drove the X5, the Mercedes, Infiniti FX and none could compare the right blend of comfort, fun, performance, handling. Not sure how anyone could even compare the Mazda CX9 to this vehicle. You can never go wrong with the MDX

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Acura MDX in VA is:

$118 per month*