Used 2009 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews - 60 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Acura MDX - Consumer Reviews

2009 Acura MDX

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

Great choice for our family
By No1UKnow

2009 Acura MDX Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

After 6000 miles this summer, I'm extremely pleased with our MDX. I really wanted a station wagon with a 3rd row seat and this was our best option. Great leg room for the kids in the second row and I've ridden in the 3rd row. Love the NAV. Easy to use. Bluetooth actually understands me! Love how stable and responsive the car is. Plenty of power when I need it on the highway. Tons of cargo space. Even with every seat in use, plenty of room for backpacks behind the 3rd row. Didn't want a minivan and I feel like we've finally found the perfect family car. I often take 300 mile+ trips by myself with the kids and I feel very safe in the car. I occasionally let my husband drive!

NAV, Bluetooth, Driver's seat is very comfortable, legroom in second row, the SH-AWD makes for a very secure ride, 3rd row when I need it, tons of cargo space when I don't, easy to park in tight spaces. Getting 17mpg in city driving, 25-27mpg on the highway. Pretty good for 300 hp and AWD.

Access to the 3rd row from the driver's side, better depth perception on the back up camera, wish it didn't take premium fuel.

Awesome SUV with good gas mileage
By zisimom

2009 Acura MDX Technology and Entertainment Packages 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd Acura and 6th Honda product and I love it. I live in Washington, DC and with almost 100% city driving I am getting 19.5 mpg overall. That is awesome city mileage for a full-size, comfortable 3 row SUV. It is comfortable, easy for the kids and very intuitive. The entertainment system can be "driven" 100% by the back seat passenger (in my case a 10 year old) which leaves me free to listen to satellite radio. Holds everything I need it to. One big feature for me, even with the 3rd row up there's enough room in the rear for kids school backpacks, some sports gear or groceries. The SH-AWD satisfies even my BMW loving husband who drives a 2009 535xi. He was pleasantly surprised.

Gas mileage, comfort, looks, practical functionality, room, handling, my dealer, my sales guy, everything!!

Back up sensors should be standard in a vehicle of this caliber and price point.

A True Luxury SUV
By Mibrego

2009 Acura MDX Sport Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Now over the initial new- vehicle "crush," I'm still very impressed with what this car is capable of. Lives up to the designation "luxury-performance SUV." I have subjected this vehicle to all kinds of conditions: towing a 4000 lb camper through 60-mile per hour gusts, plowing through white-outs on snow- covered roads in the Sierras, carrying three kayaks over dirt roads and sandy beaches. In all these adverse conditions, this vehicle kept its cool and did its job with grace, power, and control. It kept my family of five comfortable and safe with its arsenal of super-handling features. All of this, for a good $3000 below that of competitors with comparable features. You do the math.

Versatility, handling, and comfort. Hands down. Plus, 410-watt surround sound, plush leather in Sport package, NAV&BT, 300 hp, and XM radio.

3rd row legroom; 3rd row entry; cheap plastic interior; Smarter voice recognition

Not a bad one
By 1st MDXbuyer

2009 Acura MDX Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Got it a month ago after thorough study and many colleagues bought MDX previously. Overall it is a nice SUV and worth with its price. Good handling and smooth drive although steering wheel is too restrained to turn. For exterior I like front design, but tail looks terrible. Power is good, especially like the manumatic shift to satisfy sporty drivers. A typical sport SUV.

Navigation, power, smooth handling, some nice accessories. manual/automatic transmission.

Steering wheel too tight, too few small storage containers(actually none), seats could be roomier.

Best SUV in its class
By 2009MDXFAN

2009 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

The 2009 MDX is a good mix of luxury and performance. Interior styling is visually pleasant but Acura should not have skimped on quality of material such as the plastic interior handles and plastic fake wood. The strengths of the MDX is definitely the handling quality compared to other SUVs.

SH-AWD

Too much cheap plastic in the interior.