Used 2009 Acura MDX SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Acura MDX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

2500 hundred miles - so far so good
By BRV

2009 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I have logged just under 2,500 hundred miles since August. W/tech pkg I paid 40k + tax & title. Vehicle handles well on dry and wet roads (no snow in our area yet). It is fairly quiet and very comfortable. Overall great vehicle and best value in the "upscale" SUV class. Beats others in its class for the same money. EPA 15/20. I'm getting 20 to 21 overall in mostly country driving where I live and commute to work. Best feature: performance/handling/comfort combination Worst feature: roof rack wind noise. I removed the cross bars and will just put them back on when needed. Very easy to just unscrew 2 screws per bar. Takes 5 minutes.

1. performance 2. handling 3. comfort 4. rear space (2nd row seat & cargo area)

1. improve sound system 2. redesign roof rack to eliminate wind noise (my wife's '05 outback makes no noise at all) 3. dedicated place for coins 4. heated windshield washer nozzles 5. less plastic (no need for fake wood on dash)

Extremely happy with my purchase
By bayarea

2009 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my car for a week, so I can't really comment on the reliability. I'll update it later. I originally went out looking to buy a Toyota Highlander, thinking that was the only SUV that was in my price range, but the deals on the MDX have been crazy so I could easily justify the $5 more I spent on the MDX. This car has everything I wanted. The SH-AWD is awesome, the luxurious interior is really comfortable and has a ton of features and tech (I got the tech package). The voice recognition is way better than my BMW I used to have and it drives much more like a sports car than the RX. I ordered all my accessories off of bernardi acura for way cheaper.

Tech package is definitely worth it. Backup camera, Nav, plays Mp3 cds, XM, power rear door, aux input, really nice speakers, reclining rear seats, memory seats, flip key, voice recognition, bluetooth, phonebook import.

I wish it had keyless entry/ignition like the comfort access on the BMW. Rear sensors to backup would be nice too even though it has a camera.

Acura MDX Tech. Package w/DVD on Headsets
By jenny

2009 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Our brand-new MDX was broken into and the window was destroyed and two DVD players on the headrest were cut and stolen after within one hour of purchase. We think the DVD headrest design was inferior, and can not be pulled out at all and no accessory to cover the two DVD sets. We think this is fail design and vulnerable to be stolen.

Solid SUV
By Will

2009 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

We bought our first MDX in Dec 08. 5400 miles later, my wife was T-Boned on the drivers side at a major intersection. The front/side airbags deployed and there was some $20K in damage. I must say I was impressed to the way the vehicle took the direct hit, thus protecting my wife from any serious injury. The other vehicle was totaled. Based on the location, and speed of the vehicle that hit our MDX, this little thing really took it well. We got it fixed and bought another one. They may be pricey, but they sure are safe and dependable.

Auto Trunk Closure, Drvr Settings, Handling, Power, Style, Comfort

AC, seats

Great choice for our family
By No1UKnow

2009 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

After 6000 miles this summer, I'm extremely pleased with our MDX. I really wanted a station wagon with a 3rd row seat and this was our best option. Great leg room for the kids in the second row and I've ridden in the 3rd row. Love the NAV. Easy to use. Bluetooth actually understands me! Love how stable and responsive the car is. Plenty of power when I need it on the highway. Tons of cargo space. Even with every seat in use, plenty of room for backpacks behind the 3rd row. Didn't want a minivan and I feel like we've finally found the perfect family car. I often take 300 mile+ trips by myself with the kids and I feel very safe in the car. I occasionally let my husband drive!

NAV, Bluetooth, Driver's seat is very comfortable, legroom in second row, the SH-AWD makes for a very secure ride, 3rd row when I need it, tons of cargo space when I don't, easy to park in tight spaces. Getting 17mpg in city driving, 25-27mpg on the highway. Pretty good for 300 hp and AWD.

Access to the 3rd row from the driver's side, better depth perception on the back up camera, wish it didn't take premium fuel.