Used 2009 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Acura Mdx - Consumer Reviews

2009 Acura MDX

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

Extremely happy with my purchase
By bayarea

2009 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my car for a week, so I can't really comment on the reliability. I'll update it later. I originally went out looking to buy a Toyota Highlander, thinking that was the only SUV that was in my price range, but the deals on the MDX have been crazy so I could easily justify the $5 more I spent on the MDX. This car has everything I wanted. The SH-AWD is awesome, the luxurious interior is really comfortable and has a ton of features and tech (I got the tech package). The voice recognition is way better than my BMW I used to have and it drives much more like a sports car than the RX. I ordered all my accessories off of bernardi acura for way cheaper.

Favorite Features

Tech package is definitely worth it. Backup camera, Nav, plays Mp3 cds, XM, power rear door, aux input, really nice speakers, reclining rear seats, memory seats, flip key, voice recognition, bluetooth, phonebook import.

Suggested Improvements

I wish it had keyless entry/ignition like the comfort access on the BMW. Rear sensors to backup would be nice too even though it has a camera.

Acura MDX Tech. Package w/DVD on Headsets
By jenny

2009 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Our brand-new MDX was broken into and the window was destroyed and two DVD players on the headrest were cut and stolen after within one hour of purchase. We think the DVD headrest design was inferior, and can not be pulled out at all and no accessory to cover the two DVD sets. We think this is fail design and vulnerable to be stolen.

Solid SUV
By Will

2009 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

We bought our first MDX in Dec 08. 5400 miles later, my wife was T-Boned on the drivers side at a major intersection. The front/side airbags deployed and there was some $20K in damage. I must say I was impressed to the way the vehicle took the direct hit, thus protecting my wife from any serious injury. The other vehicle was totaled. Based on the location, and speed of the vehicle that hit our MDX, this little thing really took it well. We got it fixed and bought another one. They may be pricey, but they sure are safe and dependable.

Favorite Features

Auto Trunk Closure, Drvr Settings, Handling, Power, Style, Comfort

Suggested Improvements

AC, seats

Great choice for our family
By No1UKnow

2009 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

After 6000 miles this summer, I'm extremely pleased with our MDX. I really wanted a station wagon with a 3rd row seat and this was our best option. Great leg room for the kids in the second row and I've ridden in the 3rd row. Love the NAV. Easy to use. Bluetooth actually understands me! Love how stable and responsive the car is. Plenty of power when I need it on the highway. Tons of cargo space. Even with every seat in use, plenty of room for backpacks behind the 3rd row. Didn't want a minivan and I feel like we've finally found the perfect family car. I often take 300 mile+ trips by myself with the kids and I feel very safe in the car. I occasionally let my husband drive!

Favorite Features

NAV, Bluetooth, Driver's seat is very comfortable, legroom in second row, the SH-AWD makes for a very secure ride, 3rd row when I need it, tons of cargo space when I don't, easy to park in tight spaces. Getting 17mpg in city driving, 25-27mpg on the highway. Pretty good for 300 hp and AWD.

Suggested Improvements

Access to the 3rd row from the driver's side, better depth perception on the back up camera, wish it didn't take premium fuel.

Awesome SUV with good gas mileage
By zisimom

2009 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd Acura and 6th Honda product and I love it. I live in Washington, DC and with almost 100% city driving I am getting 19.5 mpg overall. That is awesome city mileage for a full-size, comfortable 3 row SUV. It is comfortable, easy for the kids and very intuitive. The entertainment system can be "driven" 100% by the back seat passenger (in my case a 10 year old) which leaves me free to listen to satellite radio. Holds everything I need it to. One big feature for me, even with the 3rd row up there's enough room in the rear for kids school backpacks, some sports gear or groceries. The SH-AWD satisfies even my BMW loving husband who drives a 2009 535xi. He was pleasantly surprised.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, comfort, looks, practical functionality, room, handling, my dealer, my sales guy, everything!!

Suggested Improvements

Back up sensors should be standard in a vehicle of this caliber and price point.